Sleepover Hell

Chapter 4
Sleepover Hell

I turn to look at Niall, his hands are gripping onto the steering wheel so tight that his knuckles turn white. I focus my gaze back onto the road. We pass nothing but trees and I've only seen a few cars on the road since we left the restaurant. The Rovers headlights beam across the pavement as we drive, I honestly have no idea where we are, there hasn't been a street light in over an hour. Turning back to Niall, his gaze is still on the road, his breathing steady, he looks calm which is weird considering this is the first time I've seen him that way all day. His head quickly shifts in my direction like he had noticed me staring at him. "What?" He asks slightly agitated. I turn my head to look out the window.

Niall grunts before focusing back on the road. "Do you have something to say?" This time his voice is softer as if he really wanted to know what I'm thinking. I sigh not wanting to speak to him. "Take me home" I say the sentence with a quick breath. He didn't respond for a few minutes, his eyebrows furrow as if he's thinking about something. Finally his mouth opens up to speak. "No." Before I could say anything back he cuts me off. "Don't ask again." His words harsh. I cross my arms while leaning against the car door.

After what seems like forever he breaks the silence by turning on the radio. The radio hosts voice disseminates throughout the car. "Thank you for tuning into station 95.1. It is currently midnight and I want to play something that you will all love." Suddenly music begins to play. I close my eyes trying to block out the sound but every time I did it seemed like the music grew louder. After a minute I couldn't stand it anymore, my left hand grabs for the nob that controls the radio and as soon and I cut the music off, Niall's head violently turns in my direction.

His eyes are completely black and are filled with fiery rage. "What the hell are you doing?!" He yells. "Turning that garbage off." I say staring him straight in the eyes. "Oh someone has gotten a little cocky huh?" He grabs my left arm tightly. With all my strength I try and pull my arm from his grasp but the more I pull, the tighter his grip gets. He completely takes his focus off the road leaving the car to swerve in and out of lines. "Niall the car!" I shout still trying to get my arm away from him. He ignores me, his eyes still on me. "Niall!" I shout again. Nothing. In that minute a car comes driving in the left lane, the same lane our car has swerved into. "NIALL!" I scream at the top of my lungs. Finally he lets me go and grabs the steering wheel turning it to the right just in time to move out of the way of the other car.

My heart pounds, I could feel it beating in my chest. Niall chuckles. "Aww never played chicken before?" He says with a smirk on his face. I look at him. We could have died! And he is sitting here laughing at me. Minutes ago I swear I saw his eyes turn black again I knew I didn't make that up.

Niall turns into a long driveway until finally stopping in front of a cute little cabin house. "Get out" He demands while turning the cars ignition off. "Oh so you trust me to get out by myself now?" I Sneer. "Well okay." Quickly I grab for the passenger door handle but before I could even open the door I hear a loud click sound. "You're right I don't trust you" He chuckles as I groan.

       He opens his door and steps out of the car. Before shutting the door he grabs is keys then walks around to my side and unlocked the door using his car keys. His hand reaches for the handle and as soon and my door opens I swiftly take my left shoe off and I take a swing at his head. I must've hit him pretty hard considering he put his head in his hands. Making that my chance to run I take off, I swear I could see dirt flying as I run.

       After a while I stop for a second to catch my breath. My eyes wonder around. There's nothing but trees and more trees! Why would he live in the middle of nowhere? Is he trying to hide something? Is he a serial killer? My heart races even thinking about something like that. I hear huffing and puffing behind me turning my head around I see Niall not too far away. I start to run again. After a while it feels like my lungs could burst! Like someone had started a fire and stupidly decided to throw a can of hairspray in the flames. I stop, hunching over in pain as I take long and staggered breaths.