Threat or Bluff?

Chapter 5
Threat or Bluff?

        Blurred voices travel throughout the space. I have the television on. My favorite show is playing, but my mind just can't focus on what's going on. Letting my eyelids fall I let out a loud sigh before opening them again. What happened this morning continuously plays in a loop in my brain. Whatever I do I can not get what he said to me out of head, like what does he mean by "you're just lucky I can't hurt you" thing is it a threat? Or a bluff? Would he actually hurt me? And what does he mean when he said he isn't strong enough? These questions have been running around in my thoughts all day and I want answers but I have a feeling I will not be getting an answer today.

        Shouting enters my ears pulling me out of my thoughts. My eyes shoot towards the television, realizing that it was just one of the characters on the show that had shouted. My left hand reaches for the remote from the other side of the couch. Switching the television off, The room darkens. The house is silent, not a single sound is heard. I wait though, hoping I'd hear Niall, after a minute snoring could be heard from upstairs. I exhale deeply, glad that he has fallen asleep. I sit there in the dark for a moment before realizing I had left my phone in Niall's room this morning. Groaning I throw my legs off of the couch and onto the cold wooden floor. I intend on getting my phone no matter how mad Niall is at me or no matter how scared I am. "Okay Paris you can do this."

       Slowly I made my way up the creeky stairs trying not wake Niall. He's still asleep, his snoring gets louder with every step I take. Finally my feet plant themselves in front of his bedroom door. I take in a deep breath before grabbing onto the door handle. The door creeks loudly as I push it open, I close my eyes and furrow my eyebrows hoping he doesn't hear me. As soon as the door is open wide enough I step into the room and open my eyes.

        Shaking I let my eyes graze the room. They widen as my vision fills with all the stuff thrown throughout the room. It's a disaster in here! it's like a giant tornado had blown through there. Last night the room was so clean! And now it's destroyed. Niall must be really pissed off to do something like this. There are papers thrown across the room, his dresser is flipped over, clothes scattered about, glass was is spread out on the floor, and beer bottles every where. Where did he even get beer? Does he have it hidden somewhere In here or something.

       I just can't believe my eyes there are even holes in the walls and he had thrown a lamp across the room. How didn't I hear any of this? Maybe because I was in deep thought all day. I spot my phone laying in Niall's night stand, which is the only thing that he didn't throw. Walking around his bed, I'm careful not to step on any glass. Stopping in front of the night stand I quickly grab my phone. Niall mumbles in his sleep while changing his sleeping position. Once I know he's settled I look at my phone.

20 missed calls from Mom.

5 missed calls from Caleb.

2 missed calls from Sophie.

1 missed call from Kristen.

50 text messages.

      Holy shit its like the whole world was trying to reach me. After answering a few texts I go to my contacts and begin to call my mom. The phone rings as I wait for her to answer. "What the hell do you think you're doing?" A deep voice is heard behind me. Turning around slowly, Niall is standing there with his arms across his bare chest. He quickly Snatches my phone from out of my hands. He holds the phone above his head making it harder for me to get it. "Calling my mom, now give my phone back." He opens his mouth to speak.  "No" he slurs. The smell of alcohol burns my nostrils as he spoke, it's obvious that he had been drinking. Without thinking I try and leap for my phone but my body pushes against his causing him to wobble and fall on the bed.