Chapter Twelve - Will's Christmas Party (Part Two)

Christmas Love
All rights reserved.
© Copyright: ChristmasKissez 2015

I let out a loud sniffle, which sounded like a dying pig trying to snort for the last time. Grabbing some toilet tissue, I wipe away the little amount of make-up I was wearing, and took off my shoes.

A knock at the bathroom door made me jump. "Louise, its Will. Are you okay?" Will questions, concern evident in his voice, thought the wooden bathroom door. Into shake my head, but feel stupid when I realize that he can't see it through a door. "No." I say, standing up to look in the mirror. The elegant hairstyle, that my mum had spent hours putting up was ruined, bits of hair stuck out everywhere. My red puffy eyes made me look like I hadn't slept in a couple of months. I was a total mess.

"Can I come in?" Will questions, bringing me out of my thoughts. "Are you prepared to see a mess?" I question back, I hear him chuckle from outside, I unlock the door and turn away, my back facing the door.

I heard the door open and the close lightly. Footsteps echoed throughout the small bathroom. I felt Will's hand on my arm as he turned me around so I was facing him. I kept my head down, the floor became really interesting.

"My father always said that beautiful women like you shouldn't cry." Will states, bring my face up so I was looking into his eyes. I let out another loud sniffle and wipe my nose with the toilet tissue in my hand.

"And my mother used to say, always comfort those who need it." Will says, I look up at him and he hands me his crisp, white handkerchief to blow my nose on.

"Thanks." I say, blowing my nose rather loudly. "Your welcome." Will says as I move away from him and picked up my shoes that were placed neatly on floor. I put them back on my feet, making sure thst they were on my feet were properly in the before I took a step.

"Whatever those hoes said about you, don't listen to them, their just jealous and most likely talking about themselves." Will says, taking a step towards me, a smile made its way upon his face.

"Dry them pretty eyes and come back to the party. Its almost midnight." Will says, taking his handkerchief from my hand. He raised it up to my face and began to wipe away the dried up tears on my face, his eyes never leaving mine.

Eventually, I looked down at my feet. Unsure of what to say or do, I stay quite, until I hear cheers coming from the ballroom. "Come on, let's go back." Will says, taking my hand in his, he pulls me back to the ballroom where the cheers from the guests are louder. We see the lights on the giant tree, begin to flash before they were turned off.

Will let go of my hand and disappeared behind the Christmas tree, a few seconds he was back at my side. The lights on the tree began to flash again and people began to sloe dance to Elvis Presley's song Can't Help Falling In Love.

Will took my hand once again and lead me out into the center of the dancefloor. As soon as we began to dance, a spotlight was put on us. I was silently hoping that the spotlight would be put on someone else but it moved in sync with Will and I's dance movements.

Slowly the other people who were dancing moved to the side. It was only then that I realized that it was just Will and I dancing. Everyone stood on the sides, watching us.

When the song ends, people start to clap and others sent out cheers. I think these people have had a little too much alcohol tonight. I'm brought out of my thoughts by Will placing a soft kiss on my cheek.