Chapter Four - Christmas Cookies

Christmas Love
All rights reserved.
© Copyright: ChristmadKissez 2015

I woke with a kink in my neck. Okay so maybe sleeping in the couch wasn't a good idea. Moving from my position, I managed to get myself up off of the couch to stretch. I let out a silent gasp of surprise when I saw that I had fallen asleep on Will's shoulder.

I decided to go take a shower and change my clothes. Silently, I made my way across the living room, trying my hardest not to wake Will just yet.

When I was finally out of the living room, I turn towards the staircase and take the stairs two at a time. When I finally stepped into my bedroom, the first thing I did was head to my wardrobe. I need clothes to take with me to the bathroom.

Pulling out random clothes, I make my way to the bathroom. I turn on the water and take a super quick. After I'm done, I hurry to dry myself and get dressed.

Making my way back down stairs, as pass through the living room, I noticed that Will wasn't on the couch. I guess he's up. As I pass through the living room, I step into the kitchen where Will was making a fresh pot of coffee.

"Good morning." I say, making Will turn around. "Good morning, sleep well?" He questions, taking a seat at the table.

"I did. Want some breakfast?" I question, making my way over to the steaming cup of coffee on the bench that Will had so kindly poured for me. "Yes please." Will says, watching as I take a sip from my mug of coffee.

"Okay, how does eggs and bacon sound?" I question, pulling out a pan from the cupboard. "Sounds great." Will says, sipping on his coffee.

"I'm hosting a party on Christmas Eve, you should come." Will says, looking at me. "Okay," I say, looking at the mug of coffee in my hands.

"If you want, you can use the bathroom upstairs, while I prepare breakfast." I tell Will, placing the pan on the stove top. "Ah okay." Will says, getting up from his place at the table and leaving the kitchen.

I busied myself with breakfast, which didn't take long and before long breakfast was ready and waiting to be eaten. Will had come back to the kitchen five minutes before breakfast was finished cooking.

Will and I ate in silence, the only sounds that could be heard was the crunch of the bacon and sipping of coffee. "Well I must be off." Will says, breaking the silence. "Thanks for breakfast." Will says, making his was out of the kitchen.

"Your welcome." I call after him, I watching his retreating back disappear out of sight, a few seconds later I heard the front door close softly. I check the time on the clock, my eyes grow wide as I realize that I'm late opening.

"Crap!" I yell to myself, as I place the dishes in the dishwasher. I hurriedly pull on my coat and gloves. On my way out the door I managed to pick up my bag, key, beanie and scarf.

After much swearing for the street lights to change color, I finally made it to the bookstore. People were lined up outside, patiently waiting for me to open up.

"I'm so sorry I'm late." I tell Rose, who was waiting for me up open the store. "Where were you?" Rose questions, I look up at her.

"I had a visitor, and I woke up late." I tell Rose, I unlocked the door and changed the sign from 'Closed' to 'Open'.

"Who?" Rose questions, stepping into the extremely cold bookstore. "That rich guy from yesterday, I believe he said that his name was Will Snowgrave." I tell her, Rose's eyes nearly popped out of her head.

Rose: You had the most eligible bachelor and artist, Will Snowgrave over your house?" Rose says, pulling her coat closet to her to keep the warmth in.

"Well yeah, I was out putting up my Christmas lights yesterday and he offered to help me." I tell her, going over to the fire place. I needed to warm up the bookstore to make it more cozier for my customers.

"Then he spent the night over at your place? Lucky." Rose says, watching my every move. "We fell asleep watching TV, nothing happened." I tell her, finally lighting the fire.

"Really? Any woman would be lucky to have him over don't you think?" Rose says, crouching down beside me. "Probably, but I'm not like most women." I tell her, standing up.

"That's true. I hear he's very good at making portraits." Rose says, following me back to the front desk, where a few customers waited. "Oh really?" I question, I start to finalize the waiting customers transactions.

"Yep, he may even want to paint you." Rose says, watching as place the customer's books in a bag. "Maybe. He invited me to his Christmas Eve party this morning." I tell Rose, turning to look at her.

"Ooh, he sounds like he has a soft spot for you." Rose says, digging her phone out of her bag. "He might, but rich people like him don't fall for poor commoners like me." I tell her, pulling of my coat and other things that I had put on this morning.

The phone starts to ring, scaring me and making me jump, Rose answers it while I try to swallow my heart. "Hello?" Rose says, it sounded more like a question. Rose turns to me and holds the phone out to me. "Its for you." She says, taking a seat. "Okay." I say, taking the phone from Rose and put it up to my ear.

"Hello, O'Dowd's Books. Louise speaking. How can I help you?" I question, to the person on the other end. "Louise, it's Will." Will says, I look at Rose, who is already looking at me. "Ah hi." I say, scratching the back of my head.

"I was calling to ask if you'd like to come to dinner tonight at my place." Will says, I look away from Rose. "Okay. What time?" I question, waiting patiently waiting for his answer. "Ah, does 8 o'clock sound okay?" Will questions, I look back at Rose, who is madly typing on her phone.

"Sounds good." I say, focusing my attention to the front door. "Alright I'll send a car to your house to pick you up okay? Wear something nice and formal." Will says, patiently waiting for my answer. "Alright, see you at 8." I say, taking a seat on the stool.

"See you then, bye." Will say, hanging up. I place the phone back on its charger base and turn to Rose. "Rich people like him don't fall for commoners eh." Rose says, putting her phone back in her bag.

"Be quiet Rose," I say, serving a customer. "Next time I'm wrong about rich people, I'll eat my words." I tell Rose, watching as a customer leaves the shop. "I'll hold you to that." Rose says, getting up from the where she sat. "Okay I'm off." Rose says, picking up her things.

"Alright. Merry Christmas Rose." I say as i watch rose make her way to the door. "Merry Christmas Louise." Rose called over her shoulder, leaving the store.

As I stepped through the front door, I checked the time, 5:30pm. That gave me an hour and a half to relax, shower and get dressed before someone came to pick me up. Dropping my things on the hallway table, I head for the stairs, taking them two at a time.

Throwing my coat and jumper on the bed, I turn to my wardrobe to pick out something nice but formal, to wear to Will's.

Placing the floor length red dress, I lay it neatly on my bed. I picked out my favourite green heels from the cupboard.

Heading back downstairs, I head for the living room. Flopping down on the couch, I swipe the remote control into my hand and begin flipping through the TV channels to see what was on.

Deciding that there wasn't anything worthwhile watching on TV, I decided to bake cookies so that I could give some to Will tonight.