Chapter Eleven - Will's Christmas Party (Part One)

Christmas Love
All rights reserved.
© Copyright: ChristmasKissez 2015

At 7:35pm a semi-long shiny black car pulled up to the curb of the driveway. I pulled on my coat and went to get a drink of water.

A sharp knock at the door rang throughout the house. "I got it." Mum calls from the living room. I've never been to a Christmas party before. I hear voices at the front door and go to see who it is. "Louise, this is-" my mum begins but I cut her off before she could finish what she was saying. "Will. I know." I say, pulling on my hat and gloves. "I'll be back later. Don't wait up for me." I tell my mum, kissing her cheek and taking the house keys she was holding up by her finger. "Okay." Mum says, disappearing back into the living room. I grab my bag and close the door behind me.

"I presume that was your mum." Will says, pointing over his shoulder. "Yep." I say, pulling the hem of my dress up. Will laughs at me. "What?" I question, looking at him.

"Nothing, I thought that only the rich female snobs did that." Will says, laughing even harder. "I've been known to trip over my feet or something else. I'm eliminating the risk of falling flat on my face in the snow, cause it won't be pretty when I start swearing." I tell him, as he opened the car door.

"I've never heard a woman swear." Will says, typical rich people. "You've been shielded away from so much." I say, stepping into the car. "You're telling me." Will says, closing the door.

It was silent the whole car ride to Will's house. When the driver pulled up at the front door, we got out and made our way up to the front door that was opened by Will's butler, who took my coat and winter hat. I smiled at him and Will lead me to the giant ballroom, which was decorated in the theme of Winter Wonderland. Giant Christmas trees that reached almost to the ceiling were decorated with tons of decorations, lights and tinsel.

It was spectacular, I've never seen anything like this in my entire life. Will pulled me over to a few people he knew and introduced them as some of the people who work at his company. To be polite, I shook their hands.

While Will was talking to the people he introduced me to, I looked around and noticed that I was the only woman who dared to wear something red. I hadn't noticed that Will had excused himself from the people he was talking to and was now softly pulling me along as he went on his merry way.

"I have something I want to show you. Its upstairs in the library. I put it there so it didn't get wrecked." Will says, pulling my up three and a half flights of stairs and into a large room that was full of books.

Will pulled me into the empty center of the library and disappeared behind a couple of book shelves. I watched as he came back into sight carrying a medium large object that was covered in a white cloth.

"I began painting this the after I helped you put up your lights. Its been an amazing three months knowing you. I want to get to know you some more." Will says, handing me the the object in his hand. Uncovering it, I saw that it was a painting of my house, which was lit up by the many Christmas lights that I had spent hours putting up. I looked at it for a few moments before I noticed that Will had painted a word into one of the upstairs windows. It was a simple word 'will'.

Looking up at Will, I smiled at him. "Thank you." I say, looking down at the painting again. I knew the perfect spot to hang it. "Your welcome." Will says, stepping closer to me.

Looking up at Will again, I almost jumped out of my skin when I noticed how close he was to me. Will took the painting from my hand went to put it on the table, that was pushed up against the far wall. I watched as Will came back to wear I stood in the center of the big spacious library.

"We must go back to the party, its almost time for me to ask the biggest question I've ever asked in my life." Will says, grabbing my hand, gently pulling me back down the stairs and to the giant ballroom.

I looked across the dancefloor and noticed some woman staring at me. I'm not one that likes to be the center of attention. These women wore dressea that stopped just under their private parts. Obviously these women were rich. One woman was wearing a bright green backless dress and the other woman was wearing a gold strapless dress. They looked like tramps, one of them gave me a death look, if looks could kill I'd be dead already.

Looking away from them, I turned to Will and excused myself to get a drink. I walked passed the women who were staring at me, only to stop dead in my tracks. "What a slut." The woman wearing the gold dress says, laughing as she looked at me. "She's supposed to be Will Snowgrave's fuck buddy but apparently I heard she screws every rich guy who has money... and a dick." The other woman says, making the woman in the gold dress snicker and glare at me.

I turn around and run in the direction of the bathroom, my heels tapping against the tiled floor. I stop at the end of the hallway and use the wall to hold myself up. I could still hear those women snickering, so I turned a corner and ran all the way to end of the hall. As I pushed open the door, I stumbled inside and locked the door. I fell to my knees and shoved my hands to my face as I cried my heart out.