Chapter Five - Dinner with Will (Part One)

Christmas Love
All rights reserved.
© Copyright: ChristmasKisses 2015

At 7:30pm, a knock sounded at the door. The cold winter air, hit me as the door swung open to reveal a well dress man with graying hair.

"Mr. Snowgrave sent me to pick up one Ms O'Dowd for dinner this evening." He says, in very thick English accent. I bet this guy used to drive the Queen around.

"That would be me." I tell him grabbing my coat and clutch that had my things in it. Locking the front door, I follow the guy with the heavy English accent to an awaiting black car. The guy opens the back door for me. What a gentleman.

Stepping into the car, I did up my seat. The guy with the heavy English accent got in the front and began to drive.

The guy , who's name I didn't know, stopped in front of a large black gate with the word 'Snowgrave' written on it in red. This must be where Will lives.

"You can go inside, Mr Snowgrave is waiting." The guy says, as the car comes to a complete stop.

"Thank you." I say, getting out of the car. Making my way up the stairs, the front door Waa opened by another well dressed man. "Master Snowgrave is waiting for you in the lounge." He says, holding his hand out, ready to take my coat.

"Okay thank you." I say, shrugging off my coat and placing it neatly in the guy's hand. He hangs up my coat on the coat rack and takes me to where Will was waiting for me.

Will stood in front of the large fire place, staring at the flickering flames. The room was lit up by a giant Christmas tree that was decked out with thousands of baubles and lights. Wow now that's how you decorate a Christmas tree.

Will's attention turns from the fire to me. A smile appears on his face as he looks me up and down. "You look nice." Will says, coming over to me.

"Thanks, you don't look too bad yourself." I say to him, as I look away. "Dinner should be ready in a few minutes." Will tells me, pulling me towards the fire place.

"Okay." I say, looking at the flickering flames that were warming the room. Turning my attention towards the painting on the wall, I notice that it's a portrait of who I'm guessing are Will's parents. "Nice portrait." I say, still looking at the painting.

"Thanks, they're my parents." Will says, turning his attention to the painting. "Oh, I have a portrait of my Great Grandfather. It sits on the wall in the bookstore. I've never taken it down or dusted it." I tell Will, my attention back on the fire.

"I noticed. Who painted it?" Will questions, I look up at him. "I don't know, it was painted a year before I was born." I say, looking at the flickering flames once again.

"Oh," Will says, fiddling with his red tie. "I painted that, my parents were so happy when I gave it to them." Will says, raw emotion evident in his voice.

"How come you don't speak to your brothers and sister, if you don't mind me asking." I say, watching the flames flicker.

"Its a long story, I'll tell you over dinner." Will says, his attention on the flames. "Master Snowgrave, dinner is served." Someone said from behind me, Will looked up at him. "Thank you Lindsay." Will says, walking passed me.

"Come, dinners ready." Will says, pointing in the direction of what I'm assuming was the dinning room.

"Okay." I say, following Will to wherever he was taking me. From what I saw, Will's house was beautiful.

We stepped into the dining room, or shall I say dining hall. Family photos and paintings were scattered evenly on the wall, the long table sat dead in the center of the room and was covered by a long white table cloth. On the far end of the table, I could see candles flames flickering softly.

Our footsteps echoed throughout the room, but became quiet when we finally made it to the end of the table. Will pulled put my chair, allowing me to sit down first.