Chapter One - Home is Where the Heart Is

Christmas Love
All rights reserved.
© Copyright: ChristmasKisses 2015

It was below freezing and I was wrapped up in warm clothes and blankets. The gentle crackle of the firewood cast flickering shadows upon the white fluffy rug. The tree stood tall and proud in the corner; dozens of Christmas baubles and tinsel were spread evenly on the tree. Presents of red, gold and green sat proudly under the tree waiting to be unwrapped on Christmas day.

Outside, the sound of Christmas carols could be heard from the carollers braving the cold. Don't Save It All For Christmas Day by Celine Dion played softly in the background. But yet, here I sit, staring out the frost covered window, wishing that I had someone to cuddle up too.

Grabbing my cup of steaming hot chocolate, I take a sip. The dark liquid burnt my tongue but made me feel warm. From my place on the lounge, I watch as the carollers continue on their merry way, a path of joy and Christmas spirit left behind them.

Turning my attention from the window, I look around the room which was lit up by the dozens of Christmas lights spread through the living room. You can never have too many Christmas lights. Getting up, I make my way over to the stereo system in the corner and turned up the Christmas Carols a bit.

Taking my cup of hot chocolate, I make my way to the kitchen. Christmas lights and candles lit the room. Tinsel hung from the benches and the curtains covered in mistletoe hung proudly on the windows.

One of the benches held thousands of Christmas themed cookies and biscuits. Old mason jars held red and white striped candy canes. Tinsel was spread evenly everywhere. A piece of paper rested gently on the new table. This was my Christmas To-Do list.

Tomorrow is a new day. Tomorrow I'll decorate the front yard.