Chapter Eight - Lou's Family Arrives

Christmas Love
All rights reserved.
© Copyright: ChristmasKissez 2015

"There all done." I say to myself as I finish righting the name on the large gift in front of me. I had spent all morning wrapping my family's gifts, now all I had to do was place them neatly under the tree.

"Louise, where are the cups?" Evelyn questioned from the kitchen. "In the cupboard beside the sink above the kettle." I say, neatly placing the gifts under the tree. "Thank you." Evelyn says, I could hear the water from the tap run. Getting up from the floor, I make my way into the kitchen. "Where's George?" Evelyn questions, turning towards me. "He went to the store to get some things for the house, he'll be back soon." I say, taking a seat at the table.

"Okay." Evelyn says, taking a seat at the table too. We sit in silence for a few minutes. We both turn our attention towards the front door. We could hear heavy footsteps followed by George's shadow. We watched as he steppes through the door.

"Look who I found." George says, getting up from my seat at the table, I make my way to the living room. "Mum!" I exclaim as run up to give her big hug. "How've you bee" I question, its been a few weeks since I saw my mum.

"I'm doing fine." Mum says, pushing her graying hair out of the way. "Cone sit down in the warmth, I'll make us a hot drink." I say, skipping off into the kitchen.

Grabbing some mugs from the kitchen, I begin to make a tea for mum and a cup of hot chocolate for Evelyn, George and I.

As I make my way back into the living room, the door bell rings. "I got it." I say, as I put the tray of drinks down on the coffee table. Disappearing into the hall away, I make my way to the front door. As I open the door, I see all my family, my sister and brothers and their families, cousins, Aunts and Uncles. Everyone was here, early.

"Come in, out of the cold." I say, stepping aside, Allowing them to come into the warmth. I can't believe that my family has come early, they weren't due to come for another couple of weeks.

Closing the front door, I make my way back to the living room where all my family was huddled around the fire warming up. My mum was in the arm chair sipping on her tea, Evelyn was sitting on the couch with her eyes closed and George was nowhere to be seen, I'm guessing he went to make hot drinks for everyone.