Chapter Three - Two Worlds Collide

Christmas Love
All rights reserved.
© Copyright: ChristmasKissez 2015

"How do I put these damn lights up?" I muttered to myself. I had spent hours untangling the lights and now I had to figure out how to put them up. Last year, my brother David had put them up, but because he's not here, I have to do them.

Pushing aside the string of lights, I focused my attention on the big reindeer lights, and I knew exactly where I wanted to put them.

Dragging the reindeer lights into the center, I decided to work around them, but the string of lights that I had pushed aside earlier played on my mind. I don't own a ladder, standing on a chair was out of the question and I wasn't about risk my life by standing on the porch railing. I needed a way to be able to put the lights up without harming myself.

Noticing that a large garden pot was blocking the view of the reindeer lights. So I did the one thing that anyone would do, I tried to move it. But try as I might, I couldn't move it no matter what I did.

"Need help?" Someone said, making me turn around. " yep, could you help me?" I question as Mr. Snowgrave stepped into my front garden.

"Sure, are you trying to move this garden pot?" Mr. Snowgrave says, pointing to the garden pot that I was resting against. "Yep, but everything I tried wouldn't work. This garden pot won't budge." I tell him.

"Maybe if we both try pushing it at the same time, maybe then it'll move." Mr. Mystery say, bending over to help move the garden pot.

Mr. Mystery and I were able to move the garden pot to the side of my house. "Thank you." I say, looking around at my front garden, I still had so much to do. Everywhere I looked needed to have Christmas lights or some type of Christmas decoration.

The lights that I had pushed aside earlier, played on my mind. I still hadn't worked out how I was going to put the lights up. I wish that decorating the outside of my home was as easy as decorating the inside of my house was.

"Do you want me to put those lights up?" Mr. Mystery asked, pointing to the lights, that sat in a neat pile on the front porch.

"Yeah. But I'm afraid that I don't have a ladder," I tell him, taking a seat on the front porch. "I don't own a ladder, and I'm not about to let you risk your life trying to put up my lights. The world needs more gentlemen like you." I tell him, pulling the wooly jumper with the 'L' on the front of it closer to me.

"Don't you work at O'Dowd's Books?" He questions me, turning to face me. "Yeah, it was my great Grandfather who started it almost sixty years ago. I took over when my father got sick." I tell him, looking at the reindeer lights.

"Oh, so you're the owner, I take it." He says, pulling the sleeves of his jumper over his hands. "You could say that. So what do you do?" I question him, turning my attention to him.

"I'm an artist, I'm known for my paintings. I'm also known for Snowgrave Enterprises. My father started the business almost thirty years ago." He tells me, rubbing his hands together.

Standing up from my place on the porch, I begin to make my way to the front door. "Want to come in, I'll make some hot chocolate." I tell him, he looks up at me and contemplates whether or not to come in or not.

"Okay." He says, getting up from where he sat on the porch. Opening the door, I stepped inside, the warmth hitting me in the face.

Les Cloches Du Hameau by Celine Dion played softly in the background. The gentle crackle of the fire made it feel like home. "Please make yourself comfortable while I go make hot chocolate." I tell him closing the front door and make my way to the kitchen.