Chapter Seven - Unexpected Visitors

Christmas Love
All rights reserved.
© Copyright: ChristmasKisses 2015

The shop was full of noise, people talking about this and that, mothers telling their kids to be quiet and not touch anything. For me it was pure joy, at Christmas the shop is very busy, Rose, who comes in every week for a new book had offered to help me today and for that I'm grateful.

"Merry Christmas." I say to the woman who was practically dragging her kids out into the cold. "Merry Christmas to you too." She called over her should.

I'm yet to do my last minute Christmas shopping, I might even get Will a little something. Pushing the loose strands of hair from my face, I go find putting new books on the shelf, Rose takes the front desk.

"Louise, its closing time," Rose says as she makes her way towards me. "I've swept the floor, cleaned the windows and dusted everywhere I can reach." Rose says, sitting on the staircase. "Go home and relax Rose, I can close up." I tell her, handing her an envelope and large, brightly wrapped gift.

"You don't have to pay me." Rose says, taking the envelope and gift in her hand. "Hush, I don't want to hear it. You helped me out today, there for I must pay you. Besides your one of my best customers." I say, pulling on my coat, gloves and hat.

"Thank you, I guess I'll be off." Rose says, pulling on her hat and gloves. "I'll see you soon. Merry Christmas Rose." I say, changing the sign from 'open' to 'closed'.

"Merry Christmas Louise." Rose says, walking out of the shop and into the cold snowing air. Grabbing my bag, I turn the lights off and make my way out of the door, locking it behind me.

"Its about time you closed up." Will says, I turn around to face him. "How long have you been standing there?" I question, making my way over to my car. "About an hour. I was waiting for you to close up your shop." Will says, making his way over to me.

"Oh." I say, unlocking my car. "I was wondering if you'd like to come to dinner on Tuesday next week." Will says, I throw my bag into my car. "Ah sure okay." I say, Will smiles at me.

"Great I'll pick you at seven o'clock on Tuesday." Will says, turning on his heel. I watch as he get in his car and drives away. Getting into my car I head for the mall to do my Christmas shopping after that, I'll go home.

Three hours later,  with a car boot full of Christmas presents, I finally make it home. It took five trips to the car and back inside. As soon as all the bags were inside I was able close the boot of my car and the front door.

Making my way to the living room, I throw some more fire wood into the burning flames to keep the fire going.

"Nice tree Lou." George says from behind me. I swiftly turn towards him. "George!" I exclaim, hugging him as tight as possible. "How's the band?" I question, letting go of him. Turning towards the kitchen, I make my way to the kitchen.

"Their great. How's the shop?" George questions, taking a seat at the table. "Its going great, it was very busy today." I say, pouring some hit coffee for George and I. "That's great, listen I have a surprise for you." George says, looking into the living room. I look in the same direction as George and see a woman who was heavily pregnant. "Lou I'd like you to meet my girlfriend Evelyn." George says, I look at her for a few moments then back at George. "Its nice to meet you Evelyn." I say, turning my attention back to her.

"You too Louise. George has told me so much about you." Evelyn says, taking a seat at the table. "She pregnant with your niece or nephew." George say, sitting back in his chair. "I noticed," I say, sipping on my coffee. "Want a cup of coffee?" I question, looking at Evelyn. "Yes please." She said, patting her baby bump.

Getting up from my seat, I go pour a cup of coffee for Evelyn and round up some cookies I made last night. "So how was the trip here?" I question, placing cookies on a plate. "Okay, I guess. Do you know any good hotels Lou?" George questions, picking up the plate of cookies and Evelyn's coffee, I turn to face George. "I do, but there all expensive. Why not stay here, I have plenty of spare rooms." I say, placing the cooking in the middle of the table and Evelyn's coffee in front of her.

"We don't want to impose." Evelyn says, sipping her coffee. "Your family, your not imposing." I say, sipping on my coffee. "Come, I'll show you to your room." I say getting up from the table.

Going up the stairs, I turn the corner and walk down the hall a little. "This is your room." I say, opening a white door. "Feel free to change the furniture to how you want it, and make yourself at home. I'll be down stairs preparing dinner. Is there anything your allergic to Evelyn?" I question, Evelyn shakes her head and I leave the room to go prepare dinner.

I think I'll make Chicken Parmesan Baked Pasta and for desert I'll make Slow Cooker Caramel Apple Crumble.

Time to get cooking!