Chapter Thirteen - Wills Christmas Party (Part Three)

Christmas Love
All rights reserved.
© Copyright: ChristmasKissez 2015

I looked at Will who pointed to the ceiling, a big Christmas themed banner was hung up on roof. The words 'Can I ask you a big question' were written in a neat cursive font. I looked at it for a few minutes, before turning towards Will who still had hold of my hand.

'So can I?" Will whispers in my ear. I look up at him and nod my head. "Sure." I finally say, Will let's go of my hand and I almost instantly miss his warm touch. Will makes his way to the microphone that had been set up on the small stage.

"I don't know where to start. I had this big speech rehearsed and down pat, now that I actually have to say it, I'm all lost for words." Will says, his eyes locked on me.

"It would be helpful if you told us how you met her!" Someone behind me hollers out, the other guests around him muttered "shut up" or "shh". I saw a smile appear on Will's face as he most likely remembered the first time he stepped into my book store.

I watched as will took a seat on the chair that was behind him. Once he was seated, he turned his attention back to me. I looked down at the floor which all of a sudden seemed really interesting.

"I guess met Louise at her bookstore, she was putting books on a shelf. She looked up at me and wiped her dirty hands on her jeans. I admit it was kind of gross. But she asked me how she could help, and let's be honest, not many people are polite enough to do that," Will says, his eyes not leaving me. I looked back up at him, a smile crept it way upon his face.

"Then two days later, I was visiting some of my friends, Louise was out putting her Christmas lights up, I watched her for a few minutes, I saw her put a string of lights in the snow and bring out a set of reindeer lights." Will says, his eyes never wavering from me.

"I helped her move a large garden pot away from the lights, we sat on her front porch for a while before she invited me in for hot chocolate. We got to know each other and ended up falling asleep while were watching movies. The next morning she made breakfast and coffee." Will says, silence falls upon us as Will stares at me.

"I realized then that I wanted to be with someone like Louise for the rest of my life." Will says, getting up from the chair. I watch as he takes the microphone from its stand and makes his way over to me. "But I some realized that it was Louise that I wanted to be with for the rest of my life." Will says, standing in front of me. Will takes my hand in his and takes a deep breath.

"I wanted to ask one question and hope that Louise accepts it." Will says, placing the microphone on a near by table. I watch as he reaches into his jacket pocket and takes out a box.

I watch as Will slowly lowers himself to the ground, his eyes stayed focused on me. "The last couple of months have been amazing. When I'm around you, I can act like myself and not be judged and I love that about you. I like the way you can make me smile just by the simplest gestures. I was hoping that you'd make some room in your life for me." Will says, his eyes sparkling with happiness. Slowly, I nod my head and watch as he slowly opens the small box in his hands.

"I wanted to ask you the biggest question I've been waiting my entire life to ask." Will says taking a deep breath. Will looks down at the box in his hand and then back up at me.

"Louise O'Dowd, will you marry me?" Will says, holding open the small box that held a beautiful ring. I could hear some of the guests whispering to the guests around them. "Yes." I say loud enough for the other guests to hear. Will gets up from the ground a hugs me, he places the ring on my finger and the other guests erupt into loud cheers.

The lights on the large tree go back on and the ballroom is filled with music once more. Will pulls me by my waist closer to him. "I honestly thought that you'd say no." Will says, leaning in to me. I smile at him. "Then you thought wrong." I tell him, as he smiles down at me. "I guess I did." Will says, placing a soft kiss on my lips. "I've got a surprise for you." I say, pulling him by his hand out of the ballroom and out into the garden, where three people were leaning up against a light post.

"What are we doing out here?" Will questions, taking off his suit jacket only to put it over my shoulders. "You'll see." I say, not telling Will anything. We come to a stop in front of them.

"Congratulations little brother." Jake, Will's eldest brother says. Will looks at me, a smile graces Will's face as he turns his attention back to his brother. "Thanks Jake." Will says, taking my hand in his.

"Its been a long time and no see." Lily says, pushing herself off of the light post. "It has, I hope that we can catch up." Will says, tucking me safely into his side. "Why don't you come in out of the cold, there's a party going on inside." Will says, I could only just hear the music playing. "Okay." Lily says, motioning for her brothers to follow her.

I follow Will back up the path. Soon we were inside, there were guests dancing, some women were talking and of course them men were all huddled around the alcohol. I felt Will's eyes on me as I took in my surroundings.

"Did I tell you how beautiful you look tonight." Will whispers in my ear, I look up at him. "You just did." I tell him, as he pulls me closer to him by my waist.

"You are so out if my league." Will says, placing a gentle kiss on my lips. "I think its the other way around Mister." I tell him, moving in closer to him.

"Remember I'll be over tomorrow. I can't wait to try your mother's honey ham." Will says, softly kissing my lips again.

"Why don't you bring your brothers and sister along." I say, resting my hands on his upper arms. "I will." He says, looking at my hand that has the engagement ring on it.