Chapter Six - Dinner with Will (Part Two)

Christmas Love
All rights reserved.
© Copyright: ChristmasKisses 2015

"I hope you like chicken mozzarella with sun dried tomatoes and salad." Will says, pulling a cloche off of a large plate in the middle of the table.

"I love anything that agrees with my stomach." I say, scratching the itch on my hand. Will serves for the both of us.

"Thanks." I say as Will place the plate in front of me. "Your welcome." Will says, picking up his fork.

"I don't speak to my brothers and sister because I don't know where they are or what their phone numbers are," Will says, looking up at the ceiling. "After my parents died, we all went our sperate ways, we used to talk all the time. But a year later, that stopped and I haven't got a clue why." Will say, looking at me. I place my fork neatly on the plate.

"Have you tried to find them?" I question, looking directly at Will, who shakes his head. "Then maybe you should try that." I say, Will looks at me and then down at his plate.

"If they want me, they know where to find me. I've been in the same place I've always been." Will says, picking up his for again. "So what about you? Do you keep in touch with your brothers and sisters?" Will asks, I swallow the food in my mouth.

"Yep, we either call or text. At times we write to each other just to send pictures of childhood memories and we take turns showing up at each others front doors unexpectedly. Its a tradition that my Aunt started fifteen years ago." I say, shoving food in my mouth.

"That must be fun." Will says, shoveling food into his mouth. "It us, but I don't like how noisy they can be." I say, as we eat in a comfortable silence.

We sat outside my house, in the warmth of Will's car. My house was lit up by the dozens of lights I had taken so much time and care to put up.

"Well I guess I'll see you soon." Will says, lightly kissing my cheek. I smile a little. "Yeah. Well goodnight." I say, stepping out of Will's car.

Making my way up to the front door, I unlock the front door and step inside. Turning on the lights, I drop my things on the floor. Tonight was a big night!