Chapter 2- Together You Are Stronger

A/N

The Runaways is a collab. between my big sis(XxForeverObsessingxX)andme (XxBitchyAlterEgoxX),we decided to put it on my page.

Hey, orginally I had posted this story all together, but I had to kinda update and edit so uploaded them again but seperately and apart so here is "chapter 2".

Read on...

XxBitchyAlterEgoxX

______________________________________________________________________________

Part 4: WHAT ABOUT ME?!

Gabriel Aceveda

4:35 p.m.

Location: Dad's Boat, Baton Rouge

Gabriel lurched as he felt the sway of his dads boat pull across the swampy river. His father's thick twangy Louisiana accent rang out through the megaphone he had painstakingly attached to the boat.

            Gabriel heard the masses of feet thud above him as the tourists walked off onto the dock. Eddie Aceveda's wide friendly smile crept off his face as the last batch of tourists walked off the boat. He reached under the boat wheel where he kept his money in a safe box.

             He unlocked the safe box and added the $600 dollars he'd collected at the start of the boat tour; adding it to the thick stack of bills in the safe. He charged twenty for admission and thirty dollars for the tour. Today had been a slow day, a couple of stragglers that totaled to 30 customers for the evening. He counted quickly, flipping the bills and to his dismay ending at $1,900.

            "GABE!" Gabriel worked his jaw; he hated that stupid nickname. "Yeah?" he yelled. "Come here!" his dad barked. Gabriel stomped loudly up the steps to the deck; he watched his father's angry face steadily turn a deeper crimson as he lazily sauntered towards him, stopping just a few feet away.

            His father bit out each word slowly "Where's. My. Money?" He stalked forward closing the space between them.

        "I don't know," Gabriel shrugged. His father scoffed and grabbed the front of his shirt, scrunching it between his fists.

        "Listen, you little shit, I'm missin' a Hun 'red bucks and your gunna give it to me." Eddie Aceveda tightened his grip on his son's shirt.

        I'm tired of this B.S, Gabriel thought. He pushed his father away, escaping the firm grip his father had on his shirt. His father staggered a few feet back, faint surprise lighting his face as his hands met the sides of the boat.

        Gabriel's voice shook with rage "Yeah I took the money, to buy groceries and for my graduation" Beads of sweat lined his forehead and his face anchored with fury.

        "You said Mom was the only thing you had left, but WHAT ABOUT ME?!" Gabriel sputtered. Gabriel pounded his chest, pointing at himself as he whispered quietly "What about me?"

        Eddie's nostrils flared at the mention of his late wife, "It was never about you" he replied coldly.

        Lucidity left him; Gabriel's light brown eyes dilated and turned a brilliant azure, and he shoved his father into the murky water.

        Eddie careened off the edge arms flailing in the air as he lost his balance and landed into the shadowy water. He splashed loudly blubbering "Aarrgh" as he stared up at his son's illuminated figure.