Chapter 32 (Under Editing)

CLARE'S POV

We finally arrive at Resembool with little knowledge still to why we were sent here in the first place. Ed's automail is fine, Winry's back at Central, and for me well I have no clue to why I did even came here in the first place.

Ed: Where are we going? This isn't the way to Winry's house.

Armstrong ignores him.

Ed: Did you even hear me, where are we going?

Armstrong: Shush, I'll explain in a bit.

Ed: In a bit!

I touch his shoulder to help him calm down, but he simply shrugs off my hand.

Ed: I'm fine Clare.

Me: Hmph if you say so.

I roll my eyes and start kicking around a nearby rock, being amused as it's the most interesting thing on this damn trail. As the trail thins out we begin to climb up tons of hills, rocks and crossing mulitple rivers resulting me to soak my shoes. Damn it. As we finish the final hill which I felt took forever to climb, we find ourselves standing in front of the beginning of a very sandy desert. My mouth then suddenly drops as I thought at last I could just rest and perhaps regain my legs, but I guess the dream of that happening is certainly far gone now.

Armstrong: Clare are you alright?

I continue to look out to the desert about ready to fall.

Armstrong: Clarissa?

He snaps his fingers in front of me, but I'm too lazy to react.

Armstrong: Clare snap out of it!

I try to regain myself but I end up falling onto my knees.

Ed: CLARE!

He gets to my side letting me rest my head on him.

Me: I just need... to rest.

Armstrong sighs.

Armstrong: I guess we did do a good days amount of traveling.

Armstrong looks around the area.

Armstrong: Hmm why don't we just make a camp here for the night? I don't think she's going to be any good for us if she stays like this.

Ed nods in agreement as I begin to drift away loosing interest to them rumbling on about making a camp. When I completely fade away into deep thought, I begin to notice the clouds in the sky look rather a lot like cats. Suddenly I get lifted up bridal style by Ed to a shaded tree, letting me rest on his lap. Coming back to reality, I turn to him.

Ed: I thought you were a trooper.

Me: A trooper can only do so much.

Ed: I'm perfectly fine.

Me: But your a boy, so be quiet.

I snuggle myself more into him, resulting him to smile. The kind of smile that gives you butterflies in your stomach.

Me: Ed?

Ed: Yeah?

Me: Armstrong's making the camp right?

Ed looks over to the side of the tree to see him almost done making the camp.

Ed: Yeah and he's almost done.

Me: Sweet.

I smile as he kisses my forehead.

Ed: It's weird. This is the first time together we've been away for Al.