Chapter 7 - I Promise

CLARE'S POV:

As we returned to our hotel rooms, the boys said their goodbyes and began walking back to their room which just happens to be down the hall... Oh great. I walk in my bedroom and slipped into my pj's, looking at myself in the mirror in deep thoughts.

That boy. He's so, interesting... Edward Elric... What Hughes commented back there about us looking like a couple...

I smile to myself kinda liking the idea.

WAIT WHAT AM I THINKING, I CAN'T HAVE A CRUSH ON HIM?! Bahhhhh I must be overtired and because of that my brain is making me believe I do. BAD BRAIN BAD!

I jump into my bed frustrated by myself and looked out the window to see the moon. Well that's something that never changes. The moon always shines bright during this time of year. Maybe I'm not overtired, maybe I do like him... I continue watching the moon until I fall asleep.

***************************************************
ED'S POV:

As we return into our room, Al catches me off guard with a question.

Al: Do you like her?

Me: Who Clarissa? She is our partner after all.

Al: No, not like that.

I jump onto the couch to get comfortable as Al sits beside me.

Al: I mean like like...

I become speechless, feeling the heat in my face. But before I could actually say anything, Al jumps to a conclusion.

Al: Aha you do like her! Ed and Clare sitting in a tree! K-I..

I interrupt him with an angry heated face.

Me: AL!

Al: Haha well your face does say it all, doesn't it brother?

Me: Wait what?

Al: It's redder than a tomato.

That's it! I jump on top of him, throwing punches at him, but he simply pushes me off.

Al: Admit it.

Me: Admit what?

Al: Stop playing dumb and accept the truth already.

Me: What truth?

Al: That you genuinely like her.

All the sudden he pins me to the ground. Jeez, he's so smirking right now isn't he?

Al: Admit it.

Me: Admit what?

Al pins me even harder, becoming more frustrated with me.

Al: Brother!

Me: Fine... Maybe I do, but that doesn't mean you can go tell the whole world that.

He's evilly grinning isn't he?

Me: Al... You wouldn't.

Al: Maybe I would.

I sit there in defeat. I do mean it though, I do really like her. I thought years ago that I liked Winry, but this is different. Winry is more a sister to me than anything. Meanwhile Clare... She's been a comrade I never expected I needed.

Al taps me on the shoulder before helping me up.

Al: Well brother look tired. Get some sleep okay?

Me: You promise you won't say anything?

Al: Fine I promise.

I walk to my room to hear Al talking to himself.