Chapter 29 (Under Editing)

CLARE'S POV

It's time. I slide into my black dress and stepped into my black heels. I then walked to the mirror to put on my waterproof makeup. As I take a final breather before I step out of my room to face everyone for the funeral, I take a final glance of myself at the mirror. Hughes is right, I really do look like my mother.

*FLASH BACK*

While studing through these books with Hughes we decide for a bit to take a break to rest our brains.

Hughes: Phew all this researching is really making me break a sweat.

I look at him who's not sweaty at all.

Me: But you're not covered in sweat?

Hughes: Even if so, I feel like I do.

I sigh but laughed in the inside, that's just Hughes for yeah. I grab a few more books we were done with and slid them back into the shelfs.

Hughes: You really do look like your mother.

I finish putting the last book in and began walking back to him.

Me: What do you mean? I thought I only had my mother's eyes.

Hughes: That, but if you look close enough you look exactly like her from when she was about your age.

Me: Really?

Hughes: Mmhm.

He smiles and sits back on his chair.

Hughes: Later I'll tell you a story about me and your mother. You'll like it.

I smile and grabbed more books that we're done with.

Me: Okay.

*FLASH BACK ENDS*

I step out of the bedroom and begin to walk to the living room to see Gracia and Elicia as well as many others in black.

Me: And so it begins.

Elicia: CLARISSA!

She runs to me and she jumps into my arms.

Me: Hey Elicia.

I hug her and let her down.

Me: You ready to see daddy?

She nods and grabs my hand. We walk over to Gracia who's seems even more depressed than yesterday, so I quickly gave her a hug.

Me: We can make it though this. Now come on, lets get going.

She nods and I nod back trying to smile. We then all head out to the funeral home to see Hughes looking like he's sleeping peacefully. I let Gracia and Elicia go first and many others until I finally let myself go see him. Already I felt tears beginning to stream down my face but there's no going back now.

Me: Hughes. Uncle, I wish it didn't end this way. We had so much things to look forward to and so many stories to tell to each other but...

I bent down partly laying on his chest crying away.

Me: I let you down when you needed me most. I wasn't strong enough to protect you, I just... I just want you to come back. My mom, my dad, and now you...

Before I could go any futher someone touches my back. I look up with blurry eyes to see Mustang.

Me: Mustang...

I get up from Hughes and straightend myself out.

Me: I'm sorry sir, I just...

Right when I was about to finish my sentense he gives me a hug making me cry more.  I wish I could be stronger...  Stronger for everyone.