Chapter 4 - Hey Kitty Kitty

CLARE'S POV:

At this point, I'm just continuously punching around until all the guards are taken out. Thankfully though, Ed jumps in and takes out the last couple guards by surprise. He then swiftly gets to my side and grins at Father Cornello.

Ed: So finally we meet at last, Father Cornello.

Quickly Al and the girl appear, running down the last couple of stairs.

Girl: Father Cornello what's going on?

Father Cornello: I'm just punishing them for their sins.

She runs up beside him while he uses his ring to make a pistol. So that's where the stone is. When he finishes it, he puts it into the girl's hands... Um seriously?  Does she even know how to use that thing?

Father Cornello: Rose, shoot the two State Alchemists.

I gulp. Well if she does know how, we will be soon learning the answer. I look over to Ed and Al.

Rose: But..

Father Cornello: Shoot them! There's no sin if you're punishing them for theirs, so SHOOT THEM!

She aims at Al.

Al: WAIT IT'S NOT ME, HONEST!

We both look over to Ed who looks really pissed off.

Ed: I'M THE FULLMETAL ALCHEMIST!

And he gives both of them dirty glares.

Father Cornello: WHAT?! IT'S THE SHORT ONE?! YOU'RE KIDDING?!

I just shrug my shoulders at the truth.

Rose: I'm sorry, but I have to do this. I have no choice, I have to listen to Father Cornello. He's going to bring him back and I have faith he will.

Me: He's lying to you Rose, don't listen to him!

Rose: I have to!

Ed: Fine then shoot.

She starts to aim, however shaking from the pressure, she shoots off Al's head instead.

Me: Al!

Rose drops the gun and freaks out. Who would blame her? It takes a lot to take another person's life.

Father Cornello: Good my dear child.  Father is pleased, now shoot the other two.

Al: Haven't you made her do enough already?

Father Cornello moves back startled as Al starts getting up.

Rose: But.. but your head. I thought you were...

Ed: Don't worry about it, he's pretty solid.

Ed hits Al. I smile at them both, trying to lighten up the mood.

Al: Yeah see.

Rose looks and jumps a little.

Father Cornello: An empty suit of armor that walks and speaks and you still doubt it Rose? This holy thing is a abomination, even of this kind should be purged.

He pulls this switch and I start to hear growling.

Me: What was that?

Father Cornello: My pet chimera who should be up to the task...  Of finishing you all.

We see it come out and I run in front of Rose to protect her... A freaking lion chimera, I had to jinx myself earlier didn't I? I sigh at myself for being an idiot.