Chapter 3 - A Prayer with a Punch

CLARE'S POV:

After talking a few more minutes with Al about his life, I fell asleep as well. It was a simple dream. I was eight again, running with my dog Shadow. He was a German shepherd, a good dog from so I remembered. We ran across the fields and played together until my mother would shout at us that supper was ready. We would run and run, until we got to my house to see my mother's face with a kind smile... And that's when I woke up.
I slowly glance over to see me and Ed heads leaning together. I quickly move, resulting Ed to fall off the chair.

Ed: Hey... Wha..?! WHAT WAS THAT FOR?!

Me: Nothing...

Ed: TELL ME!

Me: It's nothing Ed.

I try to hold back from blushing... but why would I blush? It's nothing big or anything.

Al: I know why.

Me: Al don't you dare.

Ed: Al tell me.

Me: Al don't.

Al: Both your heads were on top of each other while you were sleeping.

Me: AL WHAT DID I SAY!?

I jumped on him and tackled him down, hitting him on the head... I know it wouldn't do much, but this is all I can think of.

Al: Clare!

Me: Not until you take it BACK!

Al: You're too late for take backs!

Ed: Guys stop.

We continue fighting.

Ed: STOP!

We both pause and quickly sat back in our seats.

Al: Sorry Ed, I state the truth and only the truth.

I glare at Al who I bet is smirking about now. I sigh in defeat.

Me: Sorry...

I look over to Ed who simply smiles.

Ed: Don't worry about it.

I smile a little and looked back to the window to see we're pulling up to our stop.

Me: Well looks like we're getting off now.

They both nod as we grab our stuff and leave the compartment. When we step off the train, I take a deep breath and began walking towards to this coffee bar that kinda stood outside.

Me: Alright, Ed, Al we should start asking around about this Father Cornello guy.

My belly begins to rumble...

Me: But first I think we should get something to eat.

We all laugh, continuing toward the coffee bar. I order a bowl of soup and downed it quickly, meanwhile Ed drinks a cup of coffee. However as Al sits down, a voice appears on the radio.

Me: Who's that?

Store Owner: That's Father Cornello, now shhhh.

We begin listening to his supposed voice... Ugh I forgot how boring speeches can get. When Father Cornello finishes his broadcast, I looked over to the store owner again. Guess I should ask the guy where this Father Cornello is. Before I can open my mouth, Ed beats me to it and asks the question