Chapter 5 - The True Novice

CLARE'S POV

As we're walking back, I look over to see a lot more blood than expected on my arm. Shoot, not just a graze.

Me: Shit.

Ed looks next to me worried.

Me: Don't worry about it okay?

I rip part of my clean sleeve off and wrap it tightly around my wound on my upper arm.

Me: There, that's a bit better.

He a smiles a little, but I can tell he's still worried. We soon find the room we left Father Cornello in to see he's gone.

Me: Well that's just great.

Ed: Guess we'll have to try a different approach.

We walk around to eventually find a office. Quickly, we go in and set up the mic so that it's hidden. As we finally chill on the desk, Father Cornello runs past the room. Knowing it was the right time, I hit the switch for the mic and Father Cornello runs back to the room, standing in front of us.

Father Cornello: There you are you infernal brats!

Ed: Can we cut the crap and get to the bottom point here?

Me: Can you tell us about your Philosopher's Stone? And then we'll be on our way out of here. We don't want to get the military involved, do we?

Me and Ed both smirk.

Father Cornello panics a little but gives in. So he looks out the door and closes it. Yes he's fallen for the trap.

Father Cornello: Ask your questions.

Ed: You can do anything with the Philosopher's Stone right? So why waste all that power on phony miracles?

Father Cornello: Because with each miracle, I can attract new believers to the order, believers who will give them their lives for my sake. I'm slowly building an army, a region of holy warriors that aren't afraid to die. In a few more years, I'll be able to unleash this finest hoard upon the world. And I'll use the Philosopher's Stone to tear this country apart. Who knows, I might even cover a slice for you.

He begins to laugh, but what we just pulled on him is even funnier. Me and Ed begin to laugh more, making Father Cornello confused.

Father Cornello: Wait what's so funny?

Me: Ahaha I knew it.

Father Cornello becomes even more confused.

Ed: Haha you really are a novice after all.

I show him the switch I had in my pocket.

We both to grin and then he finds the mic beside him.

Father Cornello: W..WH..WHAT!? HOW LONG HAS THAT BEEN ON?!

Me: Long enough so that your believers heard every word you said.

Father Cornello: HOW COULD YOU?! YOU WILL PAY DEARLY FOR THIS!

He begins to form his cane into a machine gun, but right as he was half way done, Ed starts running at him.

Ed: Not TODAY!

Ed slices it in half with his automail arm.

Ed: Lets face it, you're out classed here.

Father Cornello: I AM WITHOUT RIVAL!

He tries to remake the gun, but it rebounds, resulting Ed to jump back.

Me: A rebound?

Father Cornello: No, no I won't be disgraced like this. Now BEHOLD!