Chapter 37 - Close Quarters (Under Editing)

CLARE'S POV

Taking a deep breath, I open the door with Ed close beside me, for not only comfort but rather for my damn ankle. I sigh mentally and began walking down the hallway, watching carefully of my surrondings. I don't know what the Fuhrer has planned, but I got a bad feeling about it.

Ed: Clare you okay?

I nod.

Me: I could say I'm fine, but I'd be lying.

Ed pulls me closer and pecks me on the cheek.

Ed (Whispering): Just keep calm and keep your mind clear. The one thing he would want is the fear to get to you.

Me: Yeah true enough. I just don't know what to expect.

Ed: Either do I or Al. We just have hope for the best.

Me: Mmhm.

???: Fullmetal!

We turn to see a young soldier, probably just a little older than us. Tall, handsome, blue eyes, and just the right amont of short blonde hair. Guess the ladies love this guy.

Young Soldier: Winry Rockbell is in the room down the hall on the last left.

We nod.

Me: Thank you..?

Young Soldier: Oh my name is Dean or just call me the Hunter Alchemist.

Me: You're a alchemist too!?! Are you new here?

He lightly laughs from my surprisement.

Dean: Yeah, just started a few months ago. Nice to meet you Musical Alchemist. I've heard great things about you.

I lightly blush from his compliment. Ed suddenly pulls me closer, pretty much hugging me... Is someone jealous? I smirk up to Ed without him noticing. I quickly look back to Dean with him lightly laughing again.

Me: Thanks and don't mind him.

Dean: Don't worry about it. My girlfriend would do the same.

He smiles as I look to see Ed relieved. He's such a goof. I smile before starting to walk forward.

Me: Well we better get going. Nice meeting you Dean, and good luck with your new job here.

Dean: Thanks.

???: Dean!

We slowly turn to see Dean dodge a guy's hand.

Dean: Nice try Sammy boy, better luck next time.

I giggle to myself and continued going down the hallway.

Al: Brother he seems nice. He and that other guy kinda remind me of us.

Ed smiles.

Ed: Yeah Al they sure do.

We make it to the room to not only see Winry but the Fuhrer. Well lets begin shall we?

Fuhrer: Fullmetal, Musical Alchemist.

He pretends nothing happened earlier between us... This is rather odd and creepy.

Fuhrer: I just wanted to make sure our guest, being a good friend of yours was treated properly.

Ed: Thanks, come on Winry lets go.

Winry gets up as the Fuhrer sticks his arm a little out, considering the option to stop her.

Fuhrer: Farewell Winry Rockbell.