Chapter 14 - The Challenges of Moving Forward

CLARE'S POV

Later on I wake up in a bed... Wait who's bed am I in? I quickly move up to see I was in Ed's room. Oh yeah... I look outside to see the sky is still dark and gloomy. I walk out of his room to see the boys sitting on the couch with Al rubbing Ed's back as he cries into his hands.

Me: Ed...

Ed looks up to me with bloodshot eyes from crying so much and walks over to me.

Ed: It's all my fault.

I grab him and pulled him into a hug.

Me: Ed it's not your fault okay. If someone is to be blamed, it's me.

Tears fall down my cheek and Ed continues to cry onto my shoulder. I don't know how much more years we can shed.

Al: It's no ones fault. We couldn't do anything since we didn't know what would happen, so please both of you.

Al walks up to us and pulls us into a hug as well.

Al: Stop blaming yourselves.

I nod as Ed nods, wiping our tears away.

Me: You're right.

I stand up fully and attempted to put a smile on my face.

Me: We have to move forward. We can help Nina get back her body back, as well as Alexander's.

I began to walk towards the door.

Ed: Where are you going?

Me: To get some answers from Mr. Tucker if there's anyway to get Nina to her old self back.

As I take on step out the door, Mustang appears and pushes me back inside the room.

Me: What was that for?!

Mustang: You've been ordered to stay here.

Me: And why's that?

Mustang: It be better if you didn't know.

Me: Didn't know what?

Mustang stays quiet.

Me: DIDN'T KNOW WHAT?!

Mustang still stays quiet. I grab onto his jacket and pulled him close to my face.

Me: TELL ME MUSTANG?!

Mustang pushes me off and fixes his jacket. I'm tired of not knowing things.

Mustang: Fine. Short stories short Tucker and the Chimera were killed.

My face goes pale and I fall back a step.

Me: This can't be. This can't be happening.

I tremble since I'm empty of tears. Mustang begins to leave the room, but stops again at the door.

Mustang: Like I said, it was better if you all didn't know... As well you aren't allowed to leave until I come back with new orders.

He then closes the door behind him, leaving us. Ed walks over to me and pulls me into him. I continue wanting to cry into his chest, but instead felt a tear escape his face.

Me: Right when I thought there was hope.

I continue to shake, but tears just won't escape. We continue to hug each other, giving each other comfort we need however... I wish this never happened. Everything I wish to stay... leaves. All that I love... leaves me... To be alone... again. I don't want this loose anyone anymore.

Ed: Why would someone do this to them? Killing is never right.

Al walks and sits beside us on the floor.