Chapter 26 - Euphoria

Start from the beginning

"Fair point"

"You do know you have to talk to him, right?" She continued.

"Yeah, yeah, Blyss. I know. I need to make sure he doesn't hate me" I sighed rubbing my temples.

"And, more importantly, you need to make sure he understands you, Nicky"

I was flying back to London tomorrow then to LA the week after. I hoped, prayed and wished he didn't hate me. I begged the Lord to make sure he didn't hate me. If I found out that he hated me, I would not have been able to live with myself.

(Prodigy)

"You have to talk to her, man" Prince encouraged.

"Yeah, Prod. Tomorrow isn't promised so Carpe Diem and talk to the woman" Roc added.

My phone lay on the small coffee table in the studio. It vibrated; Nicky's contact photo, a picture of her grinning widely as I planted a kiss on her cheek, flashed across the screen.

"Ahh for f*ck sake!" Ray yelled.

Before I could do anything, he grabbed my phone off the coffee table and answered her call.

"Mmm Hmmm. Okay. Yeah. Uh huh. Cool. Okay, bye" he hung up. I looked up at Ray - eager to hear the message he had received on my behalf.

"She'll be over in 10 minutes" he announced.

"Nah, I can't face her." I shook my head and began to pace the studio whilst running my hand through my hair.

"Prod, you have to get over it and face the music! Yes she said 'no' but that doesn't deny the fact that she still loves you with all her heart and soul!" Prince made had gestures as he talked to emphasise his point.

"Come on, man. It ain't like she dumped you or anything. She just said 'no' which is a two letter word that can always become a 'yes' further down the line" Roc comforted.

"The way I see it, Prod, is you've gotta take it like a man. You've gotta show her you don't care that she said 'no' this time but let her know that next time, her answer with definitely be a 'yes'. On the bright side, you got to hit it before you proposed to her so something good did come out of all of this" Ray grinned.

The boys were right. I couldn't hold the fact she thought we were moving too fast against her. Yes, I may have plunged myself into the deep end and dragged Nicky down with me but I did love her enough to want to marry her. If I didn't love her, would I have proposed? I sat down on the plush sofa and continued to have this internal conflict with myself deciding whether or not I should accept it and move on (with Nicky) or hold a grudge and become bitter (which would only drive Nicky away) - the answer was obvious.

I heard faint steps coming towards our door which came to a sudden stop. She raped on the door with her knuckles and entered the room. Any woman, who could strut into a room capturing the attention of all beings present, was a strong, confident type of woman. Her hair was a black ice waterfall; Perfect dark curls gently brushing her cheeks, cascading past her neck and stopping perfectly just below her shoulders. The 'click, click, click' of her pumps towards where I was sat resembled the natural rhythm of a heartbeat - solid and reliable - whilst creating a neoteric beat that would have belonged to its own genre of music. Head held high, her ebony skin caught the light and she shot a glance at me. A glance filled with hope. Her eyes pleaded with me: they tried to persuade me to give Nicky a chance. They tried to persuade me to give my girlfriend a chance. They succeeded in persuading me to give my Love a chance.

The boys slipped out of the studio without a single sound and left Nicky and I in the room alone. Her presence captured my attention and her aura captured my heart.

"Oh, babe" she said in a small whisper and she sleekly slipped herself next to me on the sofa.

I pulled her closer and held her like I had never done before.

"I understand" I spoke into her hair. Her head lay on my chest as she turned to look up at me.

"I understand why you said 'no' and I don't hate you for it but just know, my love, that the offer still stands"

I kissed her lightly on the forehead and let out a sigh of relief before gently floating back into a state of absolute euphoria.

---------------------------------

A/N: So I scared you with my sudden ending, huh? well, I realised it'd be stupid to end it whee I did which is exactly why I've decided to pick it back up.

Can you believe that Nicky said no?! I know, me neither :(( but could you imagine the wedding if she had said yes? It would be amazing!

Anyways, vote, share and most importantly, please, please, PLEASE (literally on my knees) comment! You're comments mean everything so the more of you that comment, the more motivated I am to write

Keep on reading and keep on loving x

@NasyahLoves