A light groan left my lips as I stepped forward. "Look d-" I cleared my throat. "Stilinski. I know it sounds inside but you have to trust Scott." He sighed and nodded. "I need this kept quiet. The two of you, not a word. I don't want anyone hearing about this. I especially don't want Mr. Tate hearing about this. Scott? Scott." 

          He wasn't paying attention but his head snapped back forward when Stilinski said his name. "Sorry. What did you say?" Before he could answer he looked over Scott's shoulder. "Oh, hell. Mr. Tate." I turned slightly and of course the person with this Mr. Tate guy was our dad. "Of course." Stiles squeezed my hand and I glanced up at him.

      "Mr. Tate?" Mr Tate grabbed the jacket and nodded. "It's hers." Dad nodded and glanced at him. "All right, wait here." Scott stepped forward and bent his eyebrows. "Dad."

        "I'll talk to you two in a minute. I wouldn't mind hearing how your mom's okay with you guys running around in the woods this late." He walked away and I let out a sigh. After a couple minutes he came back. "Alright, Scott Jayla. Let's get you two home." He put a hand on my back but I shook my head. "I can't. I'm staying at Stiles' house." 

          Dad shook his head as he turned towards me. "Not tonight. You've been staying at his house since I got to town." I nodded and let go of Stiles' hand to cross my arms. "Have you ever thought that that was for a reason?" Stiles and Scott both put their hands on my shoulders and pulled me back. "Jayla. It's fine, you can go home tonight. I'll be fine." 

       Instantly I shook my head. "I said I would stay with you until you stopped having the nightmares. I'm not breaking that." Stiles grabbed my shoulders and sighed. "Go." He turned me before I could reply and Scott put his hand on my arm to keep me walking towards the car. 

          I ignored dad the entire ride home, dozed off a bit as well. Once we actually got home I did the same. Went into my room, ignoring my dad. Harsh? Yes. but did I care? Eh not really. Not when I had to leave Stiles. It wasn't even completely because of that either. It wasn't because I was a brat who would rather be with her boyfriend that at her house, or because I needed to be with him. But it was the fact that with most of my being I disliked my dad. 

      He left us. He left the house one night and didn't come back aside from a visit once when we finished middle school. Even then neither Scott or I were allowing him to get close. So he left, again. But that time. It was for good. Well, at least we thought until he decided to come back once more and try to get Stiles' father fired, as if that would get Scott and I to like him more than we do now. 

          Scott seems to be the more lenient when it came to him than I was. I know Scott would never say half of the things I say to him and I don't blame him. He was always the 'nicer twin'. Everybody always said that. Told us that if one of us turned out to be the evil one it would be me. Of course they were probably right. I was the one with trust and anger issues. Never giving people the benefit of the doubt unless they acted nice straight off the bat.

        Take Derek. He never proved he was on our side until he tried to help us with the alpha. For the longest time I disliked him. Even when he helped us with Peter there was still a part of me that thought that Peter is his family and evil or not, family is family. You always have to choose family over anything else. No matter how much or how little you cared for it.

          Also now, with Peter supposively on our side, missing, but on our side to say the least, there's still this nagging feeling down in the pit of my stomach and a swamp in the back of my brain that tells me not to trust him. As far as I'm concerned, I'll trust him to certain extents. Meaning, I'll trust him in certain situations but never, never will I ever trust Peter Hale with my life.