Chapter 21

SURPRISE CHAPTER. ENJOY!

Thorin and Zephira stumbled drunkly into the tent, the dwarf leaning heavily on the witch.

He had an arm thrown over her shoulders, although he'd much rather have been holding onto her waist.

She plopped him down on the large bed, with a loud groan coming from both of them.

"Gods, Thorin, you're heavier than you look."

"Didn't I say that to you before?"

"No, you said I was lighter than I look."

"Ohhhhh,"

"Alright, now, Thorin, I need to talk to you about some- what are you doing?"

He had gotten up and was playing with Zephira's hair.

"Your hair is pretty."

"Thank you?"

"Why was it dark before and light now?"

"It changes colour a lot."

"Ohhh. I just thought it had been really dirty before."

"No, I can make it change if I want. Usually it does on it's own though, it's a sort of thing that happens when-" she paused. "Did you really think my hair was /that/ dirty?!"

"I didn't know."

"Emer, I may have been dirty, but not enough for my hair to turn /black/!"

"Well sor-ry!" Thorin exclaimed, an unusual amount of sass in his voice.

So much, in fact, that Zephira stood there a moment, shock clear on her face. "Did-did you just...? We're you just being /sassy/?"

"/No/,"

"I think you were!"

"Well, maybe I was." He said in the same tone. "Why should it matter? I'm King Under the Mountain!" He exclaimed, and nearly fell down.

"Whoa there, Your Highness. Sit down again, you're horribly drunk."

"Am I?"

"Oh, Mäläi, a lightweight dwarf. That's just /lovely/."

"I am not-" The dwarf hiccuped. "A lightweight. I happen to -hic!- be able to -hic!- handle me alaco... Alma... Al..." He frowned.

Zephira just looked at him. "... Alcohol?" She said after a while.

"Yes! That's it! Alcohol!" He grinned.

"Right then, time to sober you up." She snapped her fingers, and his face went blank.

He blinked a few times, looking completely sober. "W-what?"

"I need to talk to you about something."

"I-I was drunk..."

"Yes, and now you aren't."

"Oh..."

"Now, I /really/ need to talk to you about something."

"Go on then." He said with a nod, his eyes travelling around the room. "What is it you need to- Mahal /above/, were are we?!"

He had only just noticed that he was sitting on the edge of a round bed with red covers; in the corner if the small room there was a small round table with bottles of... /something/ covering it.

There were candles illuminating the space, and Thorin felt more than a bit uncomfortable.

"Um... Yes... That's sort of what I wanted to talk to you about..." Her usual confidence and attitude softening.