Hold Me Now-Eleven

Chapter Eleven

As soon as Zayn got off of the plane, he lost Niall. It wasn't easy to lose someone in the small crowd gathered, and Zayn was amazed that he had. Louis and Harry remained at his side, Louis searching for Niall. "You lost him?" Louis screeched, shoving Zayn's chest. He was petrified, so Zayn didn't take it personally. "How could you have lost him?"

"Relax, Boobear," Harry said, wrapping his arms around Louis' waist, "we'll find him." Zayn searched through the people for the familiar blonde hair, biting his lip. "We should split up and look for him," Harry said, Zayn and Louis nodding in agreement. Zayn walked toward a railing, which overlooked the water beside it.

"Oh, come on, babe," he heard a low voice say, "it'll be fun. I'll be careful with you, I promise." Zayn ignored it as he sighed, scanning the crowd again. Louis was checking the plane, and Harry was pulling down hoods.

"No! Let me go! Help! Someone hel-pher!" Zayn's head snapped to the left, recognizing the voice as Niall's. On the steps leading down to the river, Mr. Howl and Niall stood, Mr. Howl's hand clapped over Niall's mouth, his arm securely around Niall's waist.

"Hey!" Zayn shouted, dashing to Niall. Both of them looked up at him in horror. "Leave him alone! He obviously doesn't want you touching him like that!" He snapped, yanking Niall from Mr. Howl's grasp. Niall whimpered into Zayn's chest, and Zayn stroked his hair. "Leave my partner alone!" Zayn hissed to the teacher. "I don't want to see you touch him against his will ever again!"

"Don't speak to me that way!" Mr. Howl said through clenched teeth, his face red. "I'll do whatever I want to do to that thing!" Niall cringed, clutching Zayn's hips tighter. Zayn fought the urge to hit the teacher, picking Niall up. Niall wrapped his legs around Zayn's waist, his hands around Zayn's neck, his head buried in Zayn's neck as they walked away.

"Thank you for saving me, again," Niall whispered, wiping away some stray tears. Zayn put his arms tightly around Niall's back, carrying him to Louis and Harry, who were running towards them, panic in Louis' eyes as Zayn set Niall carefully on his feet.

"Niall! Are you okay? Are you hurt? Why did you leave? You gave me a heart attack!" Louis shouted, giving Niall a bone-crushing hug. Harry touched Louis' shoulder, his face turning to Zayn. Zayn shrugged his shoulders, knowing Harry wanted to know what happened.

"I-I'm sorry," Niall said softly, sniffling, "I went out to see the scenery, and I thought you guys were behind me. But then Mr. Howl grabbed me and tried to make me come to his room so we can study. I told him no, and Zayn saved me." Niall bit his lip, squeezing Louis' hand.

"Well, we're all glad you're okay," Zayn said, ruffling Niall's hair. Niall nodded, giving his friends a small smile. "Let's go get our things, yeah?" The four grasped each others hands, Louis and Niall in the middle, as they walked into the small airport. They went to the area with all the kids waiting for their luggage.

"You, Zayn, stay with Niall. Me and Harry will get our stuff, okay?" Louis asked. Zayn nodded his head, putting his arm protectively around Niall's shoulders, pulling the blonde boy closer. Harry and Louis walked off, snogging. Niall sighed, leaning his head against Zayn's shoulder.

"Zayn?" Niall asked quietly, looking up. "Listen, I forgive you for hurting me all the time. I don't take it personally. But I don't want to spend this whole week with you. I can't stand all this, it'll overwhelm me. I hope you understand." Zayn's jaw clenched.

"You know that you're making a big mistake, right?" He chuckled, his grip on Niall's shoulders becoming stronger. "Because with me, you can have space cleared in seconds. You have protection. You want to just get rid of that?" Niall swallowed with difficulty as he nodded his head. "Why?" Zayn shouted, pinning Niall to the floor. Eyes fell on them, and Niall's cheeks turned red.