Hold Me Now (Ziall Fan Fiction)

Prologue

"Niall," Louis moaned as he walked over to Niall's locker, "I'm failing math. Can you come over to my house and study with me?" He hung onto Niall's locker for a dramatic effect, holding up his three math books. Niall rolled his eyes, pulling out his social studies book, which was much smaller in comparison.

"I don't know. Maybe you shouldn't wait until the night before you are going to have a test to study," Niall said, shoving his book into his backpack. He shoved a folder, a reading book, and his coat in, also. He slung it over his shoulder, grabbing his iPod and popped the headphones in his ears.

"I know, but I'm always so busy!" Louis said, shutting Niall's locker. Niall said nothing at first, as he pressed the play on his iPod, and music started up. He turned up to Louis, and they started down the hallway, past all the kids who were talking and shouting to one another, all grabbing things from their locker. There was only a couple more days left of school, and everyone was excited, so some people were cleaning their locker out early.

"Louis," Niall said, putting his hands on his hips, "we are the losers. The nerds. The absolute bottom of the popularity chain. We never have anything to do except study. What could you have possibly had to do to make you unable to study?" Louis grinned, switching his books to the other arm.

"You know that my dad owns the animal shelter. Sometimes he needs my help," he said. Niall nodded his head in agreement. Mr. Tomlinson did indeed own an animal shelter, and was normally so far behind, he had to hire thirteen extra people, just to get it all done. Sometimes Niall would go there and volunteer, with Louis, of course.

"True. But I'm sure you couldn't have to spent all your time there. You had to have some study time, Lou," Niall said, rolling his eyes. Louis sighed, then let out a yelp as he saw the bad-boy gag, made up of Liam Payne, Harry Styles, and their leader, Zayn Malik, coming. He grabbed Niall's wrist, who wasn't paying attention, and yanked him out if the path. Niall's iPod fell from his hands, and onto the floor. "Hey!"

"Hay is for horses," Zayn said as he approached them. Louis' face became red, and Niall leaned down to get his iPod. But Zayn stepped on it first, laughing as Niall gasped. As soon as Zayn's foot lifted, Niall had snatched it up in his hand, clutching it to his chest, nearly in tears already.

"Leave him alone," Louis said. Louis was always a little overprotective of Niall, but he couldn't stand to see his best friend cry, or get hurt. Niall was examining the iPod, trying hard not to cry in front of the bullies. Zayn stepped over to Louis, nodding as he gave Louis a little shove to the shoulders.

"Standing up for the little wimp, are we?" He asked, straightening out his leather jacket. He gave Niall a little shove, and Niall stepped backwards, into a locker. Louis' arms trembled as he shoved Zayn, but not very hard. Zayn laughed, grabbing onto Louis' wrist and pinning his against the locker. "You're a stupid nerd." He twisted Louis' arm, and made him scream. Niall stood up, his hands clenched at his sides.

"Leave him alone!" Niall cried, trying to stop himself from shaking. Zayn smiled, throwing Louis at Harry and Liam as he stepped over to Niall. Niall's eyes went wide, and Zayn enjoyed the terror that was coming from the smaller boy. Zayn raised a fist, and Niall flinched immediately, wrapping his hands around his head for protection.

"Ha! I say, if you can't stand up for yourself, then you shouldn't stand up for someone else," Zayn hissed in Niall's ear, making him shiver. Zayn hit Niall in the stomach, which was left unprotected. Niall crumpled to the ground, his arms tightly around his stomach. Zayn laughed, kicking Niall in the chest. Niall was crying now, not really caring. He wanted Zayn to stop, to stop and leave him alone. He thought that it was over, all the punching, and the beating. Obviously it wasn't, or Zayn wouldn't be doing this to him.