Hold Me Now-Six

Chapter Six

"Why are you in such high spirits?" Zayn snapped at Harry, later that day. He was still upset about how he was feeling about Niall, and he hated how happy Harry was at the moment. Harry bit his lip, forcing the smile off his face as he shook his head.

"It's nothing," he said, looking over at Liam. The three were at Zayn's house, just hanging out. Surprisingly, it was Zayn who had suggested coming over to hang out. Liam and Harry hoped that Zayn would return to normal here, but so far, he had given them the cold shoulder.

"Come on, Harry," Zayn said, annoyance clearly in his voice. "What has you smiling like a teenage girl?" Liam giggled, turning up from his book for the first time in half an hour. Harry blushed as the other boys looked at him, waiting for an answer.

"Well, I've had a crush on this boy for a long time," Harry started, playing with his fingers. Liam leaned in, and Zayn grinned. It had been obvious that Harry liked someone.

"And?" Zayn asked. Liam smiled, glad Zayn was acting like his regular self.

"I kissed him today, at the store, and he likes me, too," Harry said, the grin crossing his face again. Liam squealed like a little girl, making the other two chuckle.

"So who's the lucky guy?" Liam asked, grabbing Harry's shoulders. Harry hesitated, biting his lip as he looked down at the bed.

"Don't get mad, but it's Louis Tomlinson," Harry said. Zayn's jaw tightened, and he stood from the bed. "Zayn?" Zayn wasn't sure what he was feeling at the moment. Could Harry's love for Louis bring Zayn and Niall closer? Did Zayn have feelings for Niall?

Zayn closed his door, than sat back on the table. Liam and Harry's eyes were on him as he took a shaky breath. "Guys, we need to talk."

~~

"Ready?" Niall asked, gripping his paintbrush tighter. "Set?" Louis grinned, raising his paintbrush like a sword. "Go!" Both boys quickly dipped their brushes into the blue paint, hastily applying it to the wall. They were having a contest, seeing who could finish painting their side of the room first.

"I'm going to beat you!" Louis said, his tongue pressed between his lips as he steadily painted down the window pane. Niall, however, was doing his window last, covering as much wall as he could.

"As if! I'm in the lead!" Niall said, giggling as a glob of paint dripped onto his shoe. Louis spun around and flung some paint, right into Niall's blonde hair. Niall didn't notice, and kept to painting quickly.

"Not for long. And slow and steady wins the race," Louis said, winking, although he knew Niall couldn't see it. When he finished painting by the window, he started painting the entire wall.

Louis ended up winning, as Niall spilled his can halfway through, and had to keep rushing back to Louis' can for more paint. Louis even did around Niall's window, since Niall was still busy with the wall.

"Can we do the white now?" Niall asked as they rested. Louis smiled at him, brushing a wet glob of paint off on Niall's cheek, but managed to only spread it. "Stop that!"

"Sorry! I was trying to clean your face," Louis said, putting his hands up. Niall giggled, wiping his hand on Louis' shirt. "Hey! Come on, let's go set up the clouds." Niall let out a squeal of delight as he raced to get the sponges. When he returned, Louis had the white opened, and was waiting for Niall.

"Can I do it first?" Niall asked, timidly handing Louis a sponge. Louis nodded, and Niall wet his sponge, covering his hands in the paint in the process. Louis laughed at him, receiving a glob of paint to the face. Niall carefully pressed the sponge against the wall, squishing it.