Good Morning?

I wake up and get dressed into the close I had laid out for today, a red t-shirt, my jean vest, a pair of jeans, and a necklace I got for my last birthday from my parents. First day of high school is today.

"Have a good day, Jean." My mom said as I leave for school. "Bye mom, bye dad." My dad sipping his coffee, waves his hand. "We'll pick you up from school at 3:00, bye."
"Alright bye." I walked out the door. My parents work at home, they have a company through a website they created. The website was to let people learn how to animate their own ideas.

I walked all the way to school. I can't wait to see Violet, she's my best friend, we met in grade school. I haven't seen her since the end of last year, because she went to Italy for summer vacation.

As I was walking into the school, I get a text from Violet.
"Hey Jean, I don't know how to say this, but I have to say it. I'm really really really really sorry. I'm moving to New Jersey. My dad got a new job there. So I have to go to a new school. I'm going to miss Arizona, and I'm going to miss you. Again I'm so sorry. I wish I could have told you in person instead of like this."
What!?? Violet was my only friend, now I'm all by myself for the whole school year.

I walk to my locker and put some books, and my lunch. I shut the locker door and head to my first class, Drama class.

I'm the first person in the classroom, the teacher rushes over to me. "Hello hello hello! I'm Mr. Martin." He said all this so eagerly with such energy. He was tall, he wore a suit with a paint print tie.
"....um... hi.... I'm..." He cut me off.

"No No No No!!! Stop!! What was that? Where's the emotion, where's the energy?? Now then walk back in and try again, but this time with enthusiasm!!!"
I'm so flustered and confused. He was completely freaking out. He crossed his arms. "Alright from the top!!"
"...um ok.... Hi I'm..."
"Louder! Project your voice!" He was screaming.
"My name is Jean Jones!"
"Not bad Jean, not bad." He smiled and placed his hands on his hips.
"Um... ah thank you I guess."
"Yes Yes, I'm definitely going to have fun constructing you into a member of the theater."
"... constructing?..." What does he mean?

Class is going to start in a few minutes, I should find my seat. Of course my seat is in the front of the room. The teachers choose our seating. Mr. Martin is a little scary to me, but a lot of people scare me.

"Alright class, my name is Mr. Martin, I will be teaching you the skills and technics to acting. I've had a chance to meet a few of you. Now then, since we are all going to be working together, we all need to know everyone's names. So, I'm going to hand all of you an index card." He held up some index cards in his hand.

"Write your first and last name, then leave it on your desk, during our theatre exercises, you can write a nickname on that persons index card." I'm not good at making nicknames. Come to think of it I'm not really good at anything.

"Now then, our first exercise, I'm going to pick a few of you and you will do an improv scene. If I don't pick you, you can write nicknames on the index cards of who's performing." Ok, this is completely out of my comfort zone.

Mr. Martin started pointing at people telling them to come onto the small platform in the front of the classroom. Crap, he's pointing at me.
"Come on now, don't be shy. This is an open classroom. And I expect Everyone! To be respectful. Am I clear." There was a silence in the room, Mr. Martin's voice was so stern, and full of anger.

I saw one boy roll his eyes. Mr. Martin marched up to the boy, and placed his hands on the boy's desk. "I said, Am I Clear, Mr. Thomson." His voice was still strict, he looked like he was going to bite the boy's head off.