26: Birthday Gift

"This is out of my hands, Boys. I can't do anything about it because I'm not the one who's responsible for this." Professor McGonagall sighed, "I'll call Professor Snape and you three, stay here."

The boys couldn't do anything about it so they just sat there and waited.

"Detention, eh?" Kristoff said as he sigh.

"Well, we gotta go. It's our fault anyway." Eugene said and Jack nods.

"I'm supposed to be back in our common room, sleeping. I didn't do anything! I didn't punch any of you! So why am I here!" Kristoff crossed his arms, making Eugene and Jack laugh.

"Come on, dude." Jack playfully smacked Kristoff's back, "Don't be such a kill joy. If we're in trouble, you're in it."

Kristoff couldn't do anything but to laugh, "I guess you're right there, mate."

The door was forcefully opened and the three looked at the back.

"What on earth you THREE are doing!?" Professor Snape's long black cloak brandish at his back as he walk towards the three.

Eugene, Jack and Kristoff gulped nervously as they sit properly.

"P-Professor... W-We—"

"Silence!" Well, they really did shut up.

Professor Snape mentally facepalmed himself. He know that this day would come. He sat on the teacher's chair and he put his hands together. The professor sighed.

"Explain." He said.

No one could open a mouth. They can't tell the truth. If they do, they're doomed.

"No one?" The professor sighed and he pulled his wand out.

Jack Frost moved quickly. He pulled his wand out and hid it behind his back. Then, he secretly cursed his two friends.

"Mimblewimble." He whispered.

Just then Kristoff and Eugene felt something weird. The two secretly looked at Jack and Jack mischievously smirked.

The curse will prevent a certain information from being revealed by the individual upon whom the spell was placed. The curse manifest itself by causing the tongue to temporary curl backwards upon itself.

Before Professor Snape flick his wand, Jackson raised his hand very hifh and yes, he caught the professor's attention.

"I thought you wanted to deal it in a hard way." Professor looked at the two, and because they couldn't speak, they just shrugged.

Professor Snape looked at Jack and he nod.

"W-Well... We fought b-because we're fighting about which broomstick is the best. Is it the numbus 2000 or the firebolt?" Jack rubbed his chin, "What do you think, Professor? If you ask me, I preferred firebolt."

Professor Snape raised his eyebrows at Jack. Eugene and Kristoff is sweating in nervousness.

"I prefer not to choose any pathetic answer over a pathetic question, Mr. Frost." Professor Snape sighed. He crossed his arms and started to walk away from the table. "I can't make you say the truth, neither your friends. Who could possibly talk if their tongue is curled backwards?"

The three's eyes widen and Jack coughed.

'I thought he didn't noticed.' Jack thought.

"Do what you want, it's almost the end of the year. But, "Jack eyes widen when the professor grabbed him by his collar, "I'm warning you, Frost. If we lose this year's house cup, I swear that you'll be spending your summer in this castle, sweeping floors with your friends."

"W-Whaf if we won the second place?" Jack reasoned.

"Same consequences."

"Ugh. But what if we won?" Professor Snape pushed Jack away from him and he arranged himself.

"Then, thank you." Just like that, he turned his back at the three, leaving them in Professor McGonagall's office.

Jack sighed in relief and he looked at his friends.

The curse is now fading, causing his friends to talk again.

"T-That was a dirty move, Jack." Kristoff saif and Jack just grinned at him.

"Let's go now. I'm tired." They walked towards the door to leave but the doors opened and it revealed Professor McGonagall.

"Go back to your common rooms, now." But before they could leave, professor McGonagall grabbed Jack by his arms.

The boy looked confused.

"I know what's going on between you and Ms. Arandelle." Professor sighed, "Mr. Frost, never use your good looks to play someone else's feelings."

Jack eyes widen and Professor let him go and when they got out, she closed her doors.

"Ouch." Krisoff said.

"But she said that have good looks." Jack said as he grinned.

The three laughed together and they walk back to their common room. It was getting darker and their classes are done so they just went back to their common room.

"This was a crazy day. I thought we're having detention." Kristoff said.

"Yeah, I thought that t—" Jack's words were interrupted by Eugene.

"Pst." He said and he gestured his head towards a pillar.

They stopped walking and the girl who's leaning at the pillar looked at them.

She stand up properly and she slowly walked towards the three.

The three couldn't move, specially Jack.

"I want to give you a quick words, Frost." She started.

"Wh—"

"Stop. Don't talk, just listen." She crossed her arms and she sighed. "Look, I want to tell you that because of your haughtiness and your mendacious words, she locked herself up in the girl's bathroom, not wanting to go out, not wating to talk or either eat. She doesn't want anything but cry. Because of you, she's not happy anymore."

Jack couldn't do anything but to listen. "This day was supposed to end up perfect. But you, you three you ruined it. Maybe not Kristoff but you and Eugene? You ruined everything. You broke my best friend's heart, Jack. We thought you changed, we believed in you. But this, this all was just a plan? Frauds! I can't believe this. You've done enough, Jack. Now, I want you to stay away from Elsa—"

"No... No... Please—"

"Stay away from her, don't even bother to say sorry or walk up to her. You and her are done. Me and Hiccup are done dealing with your bullsh*ts. This is a warning, Jack. If you can't follow what I just said, I'm going to pay for your funeral."

"Merida—"

"Oh and Frost," he looked directly at the boy, "Nice birthday gift. This is the gift Elsa would never forget." Then, she runs off.

Jack couldn't believe his ears.
.
.
.
.
.
.
B-Birthday gift?
.
.
.
.
.
.

"B-Bro. I forgot to tell you. Today is Elsa's birthday."