Chapter 23

Thus is a surprise chapter. *fans scream*  I know I know I'm amazing,  nah just joking.  This chapter is not edited because I wanted to post this before I go to school so enjoy.
*********

"Hurry up Ethan" I whined in his ear.
"Well it's not my fault that you're  heavy is it?" he responded.  I laughed at his response.  On the way back I twisted my ankle and couldn't walk so I asked Ethan to carry me on his back, at first he refused but after a lot of pouts and begs he finally let me climb his back  and now here I am, riding on Ethan's back. 

"I'm not that heavy, you're just weak. By the way  I'm only 50 killos. " I slightly laughing in his ear, making him flinch.

2 minutes later we got to the gates.  Like this morning it's empty,  except for a few, I'm guessing the others are all in their tents.

Me and Ethan make our way inside our tent and I lay on the ground,  with Ethan collapsed next to me.
"Next time,  I won't be carrying you"  he said.  I looked at him with a 'we' ll about that' look, before closing my eyes.  A few minutes later I opened my eyes and Ethan was not there no more. 

Instead there was someone else from what I can see, its a dark figure.
"Alex?" he questioned,  I didn't even have see his face to know who's voice that was.  Damion. My eyes widened as I came into realisation of what he said. I'm pretty sure he said Alex. 

I quickly turn onto my stomach and looked at him with the same amount of shock as before written on my face.
"huh? What do you want?" I said.
"Oh,  sorry Princess,  it's just that my mates scent hit me,  and it lead me here." he said as he made eye contact with me. I totally forgot to mask my scent.  He's gonna find out,  I'm screwed.  What to say?  What to say?
Oh clothes. Good idea.

"Oh ,  it's just that..  I have..... her clothes?" I answered,  gosh I hate it when I try and say a believable sentence,  but I have to ruin it by turning it into question. 
"No,  the scent is more stronger than a piece of clothing. " he said,  gosh what do I say now. I stood up and looked him directly in his eye. All I could see was mixed emotions. I tried to examine it closer but I couldn't. Without breaking the eye contact I said, "Then it's because she was here less than five minute ago."
All the mixed emotions vanished and it was replaced with relief and happiness.

"Really? Where is she?" he said,  with a pleading voice.  This is my chance.
"Oh,  she doesn't want to see anyone. She's gone to rest." I said,  he had a confused look on his face but brushed it off.
"How do you know?"
"I know everything.  We're closer than you think."
"Then, when can I see her?" he asked a little firmer.
"Tomorrow you will come face to face with her. All I'm telling you is be ready for what's to come." I said exiting my tent and leaving him in there. That's enough talking to him for today. 

Just as I left,  I felt someone grab my arm and pull me into a tent.  I looked at the way of the person pulling me and a smile crept to my face. Jason.

"Hey"
"Are you gonna tell me now?" he said. I looked at him, with my eye furrowed.
"Huh?"
"Why you left?"
"Oh.  No"
"Why?"
"because the last thing I need is an ex mate,  with a broken body."
"It's to do with Damion isn't it? So you left me, your family because of someone? Doesn't that seem a little selfish" he said,  as he grabbed my wrist harder. I rolled my eyes.  He fricking thinks I'm selfish. Seriously was he blind to see what happened to me there?   Great he thinks I'm selfish,  me out of all people am selfish. 
By now I was fuming with anger.

"Hey! Excuse me!  Damion rejected me and that was the last straw that made me leave that dump.  I could have left ages before that,  but I didn't.  You know why?  Because I didn't want to leave you.  Just because your life was perfect doesn't mean mine was.  You were loved by every single individual.  Me on the other hand was seen as nothing but the packs punching bag,  I couldn't go anywhere without receiving a dirty glare by somebody. And now you have the nerve to say I'm selfish. I spent day and night there just so I could still be with you.  The only family I had left.  But if you can't see that.  You're nothing but selfish." I screamed at him,  at this point I don't care who hears me, hell I don't even care if Damion comes here right now,  and all is reviled tonight,  the person I was closest too, thinks I'm selfish. I disconnected his hand from my wrist and stomped out of the tent.  Heading out of the site to go back to the park.
"Lexi! Lexi!  Alex!" he yelled but ignored him and carried on running.

  In this world,  the only person closest to you is yourself,  no one else is to be trusted.  The person who I've known my entire life thinks I'm selfish.  I stayed in that goddamned house because of him. They beat and tortured me but I stayed because I didn't want to leave my brother...

I sat on the same bench me and Ethan sat, pulled my legs to my chest and placed my forehead on knees.  Slowly releasing the tears I had in store.

Why don't I have any decent person on my life?  Just one would be enough. That's all I need.  But sadly I don't even have that.  My mind was shut off when I felt a pair of arms pick me up and placed me on a lap. By the scent I could tell who it was. Ethan.

"I heard everything.  Are you okay?" he said.  I just placed my head on his chest and nodded.
"I can't believe he did that.... I guess it's true when they say people who've known you the longest will hurt you the most."

This was the last word I said before falling asleep.  But not before hearing Ethan say sorry again.  This is the third time he's apologise,  about something I don't know.

_____________________________________
What could Ethan possibly be hiding, it can't be that bad could it? So I'll leave you guy to that. Bye

Please:
VOTE
COMMENT
FOLLOW (I will follow back)

If there's any mistakes or any requests you want me to add into the story feel free to inbox me and I'll see you all in the next chapter.