Chapter 10

This chapter has been revisited and edited

I swear this is a maze not a castle? I've been walking from corridor to corridor. But it seems like I'm going in circles.

"You lost?" I heard someone call from behind me. I'd recognise that voice anywhere. I turned around and came face to face with the person, who was standing a couple of meters away from me.

"Well hello to you too, Ethan"
"Oh, hello kitten" he said as he walked up to me.
"Kitten?" I questioned. A little smile appeared on my face, already knowing the answer.
"Mm, it's what I, only, get to call you."

"Fine, let's go, querido" I said.
"Querido?" he questioned.
"Yeah, it's Spanish for 'dear'. And only I get to call you that, obviously" I said. He smirked and placed one of his arms round my waist from behind and I hugged him by his torso.

"Shall we go, kitten?" he said as he looked down at me and kissed my nose. I looked up to see his face, daym he's really tall. The top of my head reaches his upper arm. But it's the perfect height.

"Yeah let's go, or else we'll be late. And plus I'm starving I haven't eaten anything since this morning." I whined, he nodded and we started walking towards the dining room.

***

We walked into the hall. Everyone was already sitting down. There were only two spare seats, both next to the Queen. I walked over and sat on the seat next to the Queen while Ethan sat next to me.

"Hey." I said as I sat down, placing my hands on the table on the two sides on my plate.
"Hello dear." the Queen said placing her hand over mine, but I instantly removed them.
"Are you for the announcement?" The King said and got up, asked everyone to look his way.
"Attention! Today is a day to celebrate. The future heir to the throne has returned. The one who will take the position of Alpha and Queen after us. My daughter Princess Alexis. Tomorrow we will host a party in her honour." Alpha Mason said and signalled me to stand up as I did, screams, cheers and whistles rose from across the room. I was now smiling like the goof ball I am, I really like the feeling of acceptation from people other than the rogues I lived with.

I looked over at Ethan, at first he was confused but then the confusion was replaced with a mischievous smile. When everyone calmed down, the dinner was served. There were loads of yummy foods. I took small portions of each and every dish. The smell was breath taking, I haven't seen this much food in like umm.....forever.

At my 'home' I was giving everyone's leftovers, only sometime would Jason sneak some food up, other than that I was eating leftovers and lemme tell you it's not a pleasant taste. Then when I was with the rogues, we went out hunting for food and since there were 60 of us, one deer wouldn't be enough so even then I was left hungry. And now that I'm the daughter of royalty look at all this yummy food.

Once I was done gathering my dinner, I came back and sat down next to Ethan. This is kind of embarrassing because I'm the only one who has piled their plate with food, while everyone has little portions. Aggh Since when do I care about what people think of me. If they don't know my story, they shouldn't judge. Right?

Once I'm finished eating, to be clear I did not eat very princess like. I might have made a small... Wait no let me correct that a very big mess. I got up to leave but as soon as I got up, the castle chef was standing behind me with a tray full of more food, I stood up without knowing and crashed the tray in the air making it fall to the floor all over the poor chef.

I run out of the hall and make my way to my room. This has been the most embarrassing day of my life. Even though today was sort of the best day I've ever had, I had to ruin it by doing this, didn't I?

I laid on my bed, hugging my pillow and crying my eyes out, the tears I've kept in for a long time.

Knock knock

"Go away!" I yelled. Then I heard the door open, and the other side of the bed went down a little, I didn't have to turn around to see who it was, I already knew.

"I told you to go away" I said, still not looking at him. Then I felt arms around my waist and turned me around so I was facing him.

"Aww I just thought that the kitten would like snuggle up to someone." he said, I looked up at him and smiled.
"Yeah that would be nice." I said as I snuggled closer to him,

"You have no idea how embarrassing that was. I'm not fit for the royal life, or the normal life, to be honest." I said.
"C'mon kitten, if we don't anything embarrassing now, we won't have anything to laugh about when we're old." he said, I looked back up at him.
"Who says I want to grow old with you?" I questioned in a jokingly manner with a smile on my face.
"I don't." he said. I yawned because I'm so sleepy; I haven't slept properly in 2 nights.

"You even yawn like a little kitten. C'mon let's go to sleep" he laughed. He wrapped his arms round my waist and pulled me closer to him, he looked down and gave me a small kiss on my lips and placed his head in the crook of my neck. I placed my head on his chest. With that we both drifted off into a deep slumber.

_____________________________________________________

What you think about this chapter? IF this chapter gets 3 votes I'll update the next chapter.

VOTE
COMMENT
FOLLOW (I will follow back)

If there's any mistakes or any requests you want me to add into the story feel free to inbox me and I'll see you all in the next chapter.