Chapter 1

“All people are beautiful,
Not in looks
Not in what they say
But in what they are”

Chapter 1:

I stood there helplessly in front of the lockers that I didn't realize that it was only me and my mate left in the hallway. I looked up to see his eyes had turned black and I could feel his hatred towards me radiating off. Then suddenly he came running up to me, grabbed my neck and.......

OK, wait let's stop right there. I'm going to have to rewind a little to what happened this morning before all of this. Let's just say it was another normal day. I woke up in the morning, and the first thing I did was jump out of my bed in excitement. Today's my 16th birthday, the best day any she-wolf could ever think of. The day when my knight in shining armour will be saving me from this nightmare I call life.

My room is located in the isolated attic,  three floors up where no one can hear me or even sense my presence. The only thing I own in this attic is the damp uncomfortable mattress laying in the corner and the tiny baby blanket which I found in one of the boxes. That is all that I was given.

Everyone in this house hates me, mostly because I'm not their actual daughter, me and my brother, Jason were adopted when we were both 8. We moved into this house together. But for some reason my family loves my brother more than me, since they believe that they need a son to keep the family name going on for centuries. They won't even let me see my own brother, the only person in my life that I actually trust.

The only thing they haven’t taken away from me yet is my sanity and my ability to dream of better scenarios. But if I Stay here any longer I know they’ll take that too. I heard a knock on my door which woke me from the thoughts I was in. I opened the door and saw Jason, with two small chocolate cupcakes with tiny candles in them.

"Happy birthday" he whispered placing the cupcakes on top of the drawers and hugging me. I returned the hug.

"Happy birthday to you, too, Jase" I whispered back. I'm glad that at least I have him. What would I do without him? I would give my life for him in an instant. We have our ups and down, but we always come through for each other.

"Here, Alex" he said as he gave me a small box. I opened it to reveal a beautiful necklace with a big emerald gem in the middle surrounded by a gold lining. I flipped it over and on the back it said, 'to the world's best sister'

"Oh god Jase, its so pretty. Thank you." I said as I put it on.  "I'm sorry; I couldn't buy you a gift. I just didn't have the chance to" I said as I looked at one spot behind him avoiding eye contact, knowing that if I do we’ll both drown in guilt.

"Hey, it's okay. You better get ready for school. Or else were going to be late." he said as he kissed my forehead. Then he left the room and he went downstairs.

After Jason left I quickly went into the broken bathroom . I started taking my clothes off and stood in front of the mirror in my underwear observing myself. Staring back at me was a hopeless girl, a girl who has been bullied all her life, a girl who's seen too much for her age. Looking at myself, there were blueish brown bruises and scabs, all over my arms, bags under my eyes from loss of sleep over the years I wonder how life is like without all this. Will I ever be free? Or will I be forced to stay in others shadows.

I took the rest of my clothes off and hoped into the shower, adjusting the water so that it's not too hot and not to cold. As soon as the water hit my skin, I jerked back. It stings as it touched my arms and back. I tried to ignore the throbbing pain everywhere and finish washing myself. After 5 minutes, I got out and put on my casual long sleeved dress, with leggings under. I haven't shown skin since I moved into this house, which was probably 8 years ago.

When I'm done I put my hair in a high ponytail, grabbing my bag before walking downstairs. As soon as I reach the ground floor, I take a deep breath, ready for my daily beating. I walk into the living room and just as I expected it was my drunken mom, standing with what looks like a hockey stick. She walked towards me, with every step she took; I took a step back until I reached a dead end. She rose the stick up in the air, and with one swift movement, it made contact with my right arm. I flinched but didn't yell. I guess when this happens to you every day for 8 years, you kind of get used to it.

I felt warm tears, slide down my face. But no one seems to see or care about them. When she felt satisfied she stopped

"You better stay away from my children.  They wouldn’t want to be associated with you.  Now shoo" she threatened throwing the stick away and leaving with a small laugh, before she lit her cigarette.

I stood up and ran outside. Jason was waiting for me inside his car. Adele, my supposed sister has already left with her friends early in the morning.  I hop into Jason car and started crying. "What happened? Where did she hit you this time?" he asked. I pulled up my sleeve to see that the place she hit me, was cut open and bleeding.

"Oh shit" Jason yelled. He grabbed a piece of tissue and cleaned the blood around area. I pulled my sleeve back down and calmed myself down.

5 minutes later we arrived at school. The school was already packed with students. There was the popular' gossiping, the nerds studying, the jocks playing whatever sport they like, the outcasts sitting on the benches with their headphones plugged into their ears, just like your normal school would have. I would count myself as popular, but not the kind of popular that you would think, I mean popular as in well hated person in school. I have no friends whatsoever and I'm bullied by the soon-to-be Alpha and his little crew. Life cannot get any better....

Jason went with his friends. And I decided to go to first class of the day. Science. Half way through the lesson, I felt a little pain in my chest, which seemed to be growing by the second. I was about to change. For the first time in forever, I was going to see my wolf. I screamed in pain. Everyone stared at me, ignoring the stares. I got up, grabbed my bag and limped out of the class and into the forest right next to the school. I walked up to the river and leaned against the tree waiting in pain for the transformation to complete. I close my eyes and screamed once more, before opening my eyes and feeling shorter than normal, looking around I realizing that I'm on all four legs. I walk over to the puddle and taking a look at my reflection. Which seemed to catch my breath.

My wolf was a beautiful midnight blue colour with golden tips on my ears. My eyes were a greenish blue. Wow this is way beautiful than I'll ever be. While I was looking at myself in fascination, I heard someone call my name.

'Alexis' it said. I looked around and saw no one.

'W-who's there?' I questioned.

'It's me Ashley, I'm your wolf' it, I mean Ashley said.

'As in I get my own wolf friend. Cool Can I call you Ash?' I asked. I heard her laugh.

'Yeah sure.' she said. Realizing that I'm getting late for classes I got up to leave but don't know how to change back.
'Umm...Ash. How do I change back?" I asked.

'Um, do you have any spare clothes?' she asked.

'Yeah, I have my gym clothes' I replied.

'Then go behind a tree and imagine all of you human features, your eyes, your hair, your lips everything.' she said. I did as she said, and I was in my human form again. But I felt a bit breezy; I looked down to see I have absolutely no clothes on. I quickly sat down and took my gym clothes out of my bag and started putting it on. As soon as I finished, I got up to leave.

'Alex, now that you have transformed, you and your mate can easily find each other. So let's go get ourselves our mate?' Ashley said. I smiled to myself and started walking back to school. The best is yet to come.

____________________________________________________

This chapter has been somewhat edited, if there is any mistakes then please inform me via PM.

Send art work or fan art to  forever_madiha1@hotmail.com
Follow me on Instagram: @Forever_madiha1
                                           @Madiha_r1
Follow me on Quotev:       @forever_madiha1

♠️ VOTE
♣️    COMMENT
♥️    ADD TO YOUR LIBRARY
♦️    FOLLOW