Chapter 9

This chapter has been revisited and edited

"I..." he started; I stopped him before saying anything else.

"Just say it?" I said while looking straight at his eyes. He looked at me with his furrowed eyebrows.

"Say what?" He said, "Reject me" I said lowering my eyes and looked at the ground, seconds later he placed his finger under my chin and lifted my head up so that I was looking at him.

"No, why would I do that?" he said with his calm voice, I looked at his eyes once more trying to find any humour behind them. But found none.

"Well because I've been rejected all my life. And by the look on your face I f-feel like you're gonna reject me as well. So might as well get over it now than later" I said looking directly at his eyes with my back straight, giving no hint of weakness. So that even if there's a chance he might not reject, I don't want him to think I'm weak.

"What? Well your pack might have been blind. Because you are beautiful, mate." he said as caressed my check with his thumb.

I slightly blushed when he called me mate and a small yet visible smile appeared on my face. It feels so great feeling accepted after so long.

"I didn't really get to introduce myself. I'm Ethan. Member of silver light pack, new protector of the palace" he said. Ooo, my mate has the whole package, he's cute, he's strong, and he's got a good title. Even his name is perfect. Ethan.

"Nice to meet you Ethan, I'm Alexis, but you can call me Lexi." I said while smiling, the seriousness that was around me less than minute ago disappeared. We both stared in each other's eye, anyone could literally get lost in his brown eyes. It felt as if time had stop and it was just me and him.

'Kiss him! Kiss him!' Ashley called out.
'Are you sure I wouldn't look desperate?' I replied with the little voice inside my head.
'No, just listen to me and do it.' she yelled, clearly losing her temper.
'Fine'

I took a deep breath, and started closing the distance between our mouths. He hesitated at first but nevertheless he did the same and our lips connected. The sparks flew. It felt perfect, like no force could ever stop us. My arms made their way around his neck. While he wrapped his muscular arms around my waist. Now everything is perfect.

This is how my first mate should have been, but I guess that's why it's called second chance mate.

After about a minute we finally broke the kiss, not because we wanted to but because we were out of breath. He placed his forehead on mine. We were both breathing a little heavily; His breath was soft and smelt of mint. I swear I was smiling so hard that I felt my jaw crack.

"I'm really happy you were rejected you." he said, smiling. To be honest, he's right if I wasn't rejected, I would have never tried to change, and I would have never met my other mate. I know I just met Ethan, I don't want to look like a love struck girl but he has already proven that he'll be a great mate.

But don't worry I'll still carry out mission 'make Damion regret rejecting me', there is still 2 more weeks left for the competition so that's more enough time for me to get ready.

"So, Umm... Can you show me around the place?" I asked linking my arm through his and placing my head on his shoulder. He laughed.
"Sure"

*****

We just finished the tour. I just found out that this is a palace and a whole pack house. There are over 10000 wolves that live here. Just in this palace. I really enjoyed the tour, especially Ethan as my tour guide. He pretty much knows most things about this place. Currently we were walking down the hallway to get to my room. There were loads of pictures hunged up on the walls. There were pictures of wolves with the same golden mark on their ears just like mine. I never thought that the mark on my ears was something special.

"Ethan, why do all these wolves have those golden marks on their ears?" I questioned as I pointed to the pictures.
"Oh, only the royal family has those marks. It's like a mark that separates normal wolves from royal-born wolves" he said, I nod understandably. So could that possibly mean that I'm royalty born? That I really am the lost princess and am the future Alpha Queen.... Wait let's not jump to conclusions just yet. I need to find more evidence.

We carried on walking, until one picture caught my eye. It was Alpha Mason, Queen Rosalina and two little kids about the age of 5. The little girl had blue eyes and brown hair and the little boy had the same. I stared at it and then remembered that I have the exact same picture at home in a box of my old memories. That must be me and Jase. I smile a little at the picture, as I look at Jason he was so cute. I miss him so much.

How come I don't have any memories of this? Why have I forgotten everything from before the age of 8? I honestly don't remember anything I've done before the age of 8.

"That's the royal family. My dad said that the Queen gave her children away." he said, he must have noticed that I was staring at the family portrait.

"Oh, do you know why?" I asked as we started walking towards my room again.
"I think because they were attacked by hunters and the Queen wanted them to be safe. By her majesty say they'll be back soon." he said as we stopped in front of my door.
"I'm gonna go now, see ya later" I said as I kissed his cheek.
"OK, but don't forget dinner at 8. Alpha Mason said he has an announcement." he said and he left.

I walked into my room and sat on my bed. A vibration started on my thigh, I took my phone out of my pocket and picked it up looking at the caller ID, it was Ryder. I put it on speaker and left it on my bed.

"Hey Ryder" I said, lying back down into my bed.
"Hey Lexi, it's me" that's not Ryder that sounds more like Lucas.
"Oh hey Lucas."
"Where are you?! I've been looking everywhere for you. I hope you're not upset about the whole mate thing, are you?" he said, with a little panic in his voice.

"Nah, it doesn't bother me no more. We both knew that it will eventually happen. Oh my god Guess what happened I found my mate as well. I may also be the lost princess" I said happily, I guess I'm not mad at Lucas anymore cause 1) he would never have been mine no matter what or how long we stayed together and 2) I found my own mate who, already means more than the world to me.

"What! Really, you're the lost princess!" he yelled in shock.
"I think so" I laughed.

We talked and talked for what seemed like hours until there was a knock on the door.

"Lucas, wait" I said as I covered the phones microphone with my hand.
"Come in" I called out.
"Princess, dinner is ready." the maid said, I nodded and then excused her. When she left, I removed my hand from the mic.

"Lucas, I gotta go now. I'll talk to you later" I said as I hung up. I quickly got up and got dressed properly. In my blue skinny jeans and white crop top, slipping my phone in to my pocket. Once I looked presentable I got up and left the room.

_____________________________________________________

What you think about this chapter? 

VOTE
COMMENT
FOLLOW (I will follow back)

If there's any mistakes or any requests you want me to add into the story feel free to inbox me and I'll see you all in the next chapter.