Ch.04 Enlightenment

A peck on the cheek.

It was Eren's first and last kiss to his supposed-to-be mate, or so he thought at that time.

Oh, how wrong he was.

He was making a dramatic closure by walking away without looking back at Levi, but his effort seemed useless when suddenly Levi moved from his spot and lifted Eren up, carrying him like a sack of potato as Eren squeaked in shock.

"Oh goodies! What are you doing? Put me down!" Eren gripped Levi's back shirt tightly to balance himself.

"Rejecting me for the sake of my pack? Telling me that I need female mate instead of my destined mate?"

"But, Levi—"

"You must've hit your head somewhere before, or you are just too stupid to learn about your own kind. Had Armin never taught you about it?"

"Hey, that's rude! Wait, I thought you don't talk much?"

"I don't, unless they are stupid people. Like Erwin and Hanji, and you."

"Excuse me?"

Levi glanced at Eren. He was quiet for a while, he then let out a loud sigh, "That came out harsh, sorry, I didn't mean to."

"Um, you are forgiven?" Eren was taken aback. Levi mumbled a small 'thank you' as a reply.

'What's up with his various emotion changes every time he talked to me?' Eren thought.

All of a sudden, Levi barked as they passed Jean and Connie who still guarded the meeting room, "Follow me, you two will guard Eren's room!" At the command, the two immediately followed the Alpha without questioning.

Shocked, Eren agape at Levi, "Hey, what do you mean by that? Hey, let me go!" He flailed his leg, trying to break free from Levi's grip. But Levi wasn't an Alpha for nothing, he still able to balanced Eren on his right shoulder at ease.

Once they arrived, Levi saw the room already occupied with Mikasa and Armin, sitting at the end of the bed and eyeing them in silence.

Levi set Eren down gently on the bed and turned to Jean and Connie, "Lock the door. Don't let them get out from this room no matter what," He ordered.

Eren gasped. He pointed at Levi with accusing look, "This is kidnapping. I want a lawyer!"

Levi stared at Eren and the mated pair beside him. Armin, looking guilty, raised his hand, "I kinda knocked him out before we got here. Don't worry, he's fine. He just needs some rest."

"I will ask doctor pack to check up on him," Levi said and excused himself.

The door shut closed, they could hear the clicking sound of the door being locked, and then quietness.

Mikasa look intently at Eren as the brunette copied her. They had staring contest for a while. Armin could only smile at the two. After three minutes, Mikasa gave up. She sighed in defeat and asked his step-brother, "So, what happened?"

"Kidnapping."

"Well, if I was him, I would definitely do the same thing," Armin shrugged. Mikasa nodded in approval while leaning at Armin's shoulder lazily.

"Who in the hell locked their mate?" Eren asked in disbelief.

"The one who reject them with nonsense. I mean, Eren, you do realise what would happen to the rejected mate, right? And let's not forget that he is an Alpha!" Armin fussed.

"So what if he's an Alpha?"

Suddenly, the door creaked open and Hanji appeared in the room, "Well, an Alpha's bound towards their mate is stronger than any other ranks. You might not feel it now, but once you've been mark by Levi, you will feel the same feeling just like he does."