Episode 29: The Two Doors

Start from the beginning

‘Look, you can only choose one.’ He said.

‘What are the options?’ I asked him.

‘Look, you can only choose one. Choose one Levi!’ He shouted.

‘What are my effing options!’ I shouted back. All of a sudden, two doors appeared behind the man and they were both open with a bright light shining in both of them. It was now evident what my options were. I knew it even when I asked him.

‘Can I take a look? In both of them?’ I asked. He nodded slowly before vanishing. I went through the door to my left and the bright light was a huge screen. For some reason, my sixth sense told me to walk in the screen and luckily it wasn’t solid. The light dimmed and I was standing infront of the girl I really loved. Angelina’s face was as light brown as ever and her eyes were as light brown as ever. I ran my hand through her hair and she didn’t react. She just had this smile on her face.

‘Do you like this option?’ She asked me. I nodded straight away.

‘I love it!’ I exclaimed. She smilled.

‘Then why don’t you stay here, forever?’ she asked.

‘Well firstly, this is a dream. I’m gonna wake up soon and I also wanna see the other option.’

Her eyes started to tear up immediately.

‘Oh... so you love her more than me huh?’ she asked. Her voice was cracking and it turned a bit deep.

‘No wait. I don’t even know what my other option is.’

‘Liar!’ she shouted. ‘If you want to see her again you could’ve just told me. How can you not pick me over her?’

‘Look. I love you but I just wanna see her.’

‘Ok. Then Leave!’

She lifted her hand and her palm was facing my way and I was immediately thrusted backwards and out of the scene. I landed roughly on the ground and picked myself up immediately.

‘Well, she threw a fit!’ I said to myself. I exited the door and went to the next room. The screen was right there and I didn’t hesitate. The light dimmed and there she was. The girl of my dreams was right there. Her face was still as complete and round as I could remember. Her hair was as dark as ever as I remembered too.

‘Do you like this option?’ she asked with her smile as wide as the river Thames.

‘Well yeah but this is a bit wrong isn’t it? I’ve got a real girl in the real world and I’m still fantasizing about you aren’t I?’

‘What’s wrong with that?’

‘That’s just wrong. Your like the perfect girl but your just my imagination. Plus, even if you were real, I still love Angie. I love her because she’s not perfect. It’s like a old phone, you know how to press a button to get it to work. It’s something that is real.’

‘Yeah but I’m as real as her aren’t I?’

‘You’re just a part of my imagination!’

‘Isn’t it dreams where the root of reality begins?’

‘Those are my words innit? From the book I wrote when I was a kid innit?’

She nodded.

‘If you were real, I would of loved to know you better. I’d probably date you.’

‘In your dreams!’

‘Ouch, that’s a bit rude.’

‘No! I mean you could always see me, in your dreams.’

I looked at her dark eyes one more time and then at her curvaceous body.

‘Yeah, you’re right. By the way, I never got to hear your name.’ She chuckled a bit before.

‘Oh yeah, Jennifer woke you up. Well, my name is Er...’

    My body shot up and I was out of my dream I was on the floor and I knew that I had dust in my hair and on my school shirt. I also new I had a embarrassing ring of red dust around my arse. Angelina was looking at me on my right. She was on one knee. Mustafa was standing directly in front of me and Sameer was to my left. He raised my body to a sitting position and I wiped the dust on the back of my head.

‘Are you okay?’ Angelina asked me. I looked at her for a few seconds before answering.

‘Yeah. Of course I am but my head hurts a bit. How long was I out for?’ I asked everyone.

Everyone exchanged nervy looks.

‘You’ve just been out for less than a minute man. Did it seem long inside your head or something?’ Mustafa said.

‘Way longer. I can’t explain it but It wasn’t a bad thing. More of a good sensation.’ I replied.

‘Ok, Ok. No need of telling us ‘bout your wet dream.’ Mustafa said.

‘Oh shut up!’ I said while chuckling. I stood up and looked around quickly. I looked at Angelina. The real girl that I really loved. Something came over me and I just instantly hugged her.

‘I love you Angie.’ I said. She giggled a bit before replying.

‘I love you too Lee...’