Breaking the news to Nathan

Phoebe's p.o.v.

I was cleaning around the house because that's what I do when I'm nervous or scared. When I was cleaning the dishes my phone went off and I saw it was a text from Tonio.

*Text messages* AD=Antonio PB=Phoebe

AD: "Hey, I asked Voight if I can get off around four and he said yeah, but there is something else."

PB: "Okay, what is it? Bad or good?"

AD: "Well, I don't want to tell you over text. Can I tell you when I get to your house?"

PB: "I'm taking that as bad news and yes you can tell me when you get here."

AD: "I'm sorry Phoebe. I'm going to take you guys out to dinner and we can tell Nate there."

PB: "It's okay. You don't have to do that."

AD: "Yes, I do and I want to. I have to go, but I'll be at your place around four."

PB: "Okay, see you then."

*End text*

Man Antonio Dawson is something else. Always doing something nice for other people. I think I'm falling in love with him, but he's my best friends brother and he is older than me by a couple years. I didn't realize how long I was cleaning until I heard the front door shut and my son yell, "Mom! You home?" I laughed and said, "Yeah, baby boy. I'm in the kitchen." Nathan came into the kitchen and said, "Why are you home so early?" I looked at him hugged him and said, "My boss sent me home early because we got into an argument." Nate looked at me and said, "Oh." Then he started to walk away, but before he disappeared I said, "Wait. Tonio is gunna come pick us up and take us to dinner, okay?" He looked at me and said, "Okay, but why?" I sighed and said, "Because I want to tell you who your dad is and Tonio wanted to be my support." Nate nodded and said, "I can't wait to find out." I smiled at him then he left to his room.

*Skip to 3:55*

Antonio's p.o.v.

I was in my truck on my way to Phoebe's house. I grabbed my phone and dialed her number. Phoebe picked up and said, "Hello, Antonio. Where you at?" I laughed and said, "Hey, Pheebs! I'm about two minutes from your house." She laughed and said, "Only you call me that and okay. You can walk right in." "Okay, I'm here, so I'm going to hang up." I said. "Okay, see you in a bit." We hung up. I parked my truck and walked up to the door and walked in. When I shut the door I saw Nathan and he was about to yell, but I put my finger to my mouth and whispered, "Where is your mom?" He looked up the stairs and said, "In her room in the bathroom." I nodded and walked to Pheebs room. She was at her dresser with her back towards me. I creeped up behind her and wrapped my arms around her. Phoebe jumped and screamed, then turned around and saw it was me. I could tell she was mad, then she punched me in the arm. "Ow, what was that for?" I said laughing. Phoebe looked at me and said, "Antonio Dawson! I'm going to kill you. You scared the shit out of me." I laughed. We walk to the kitchen and Phoebe yells, "Nathan, can you come down here now please." All you hear are footsteps running down the stairs, then Nate appears and says, "Yeah mom what is it?" She didn't say anything so I tell Nate to sit down. I walked around the counter and stood by Phoebe she smiled, then said, "Nathan are you ready for me to tell you who your dad is?" Nathan got really happy and nodded his head. I grabbed Phoebe's hand and she continued, "Well, you know my boss, Hank Voight?" Nate nodded and said, "Oh, it's his son Justin?!?" I looked at Phoebe and she shook her head and I said, "No, your dad is Hank Voight." Nate looked shocked, got up, walked around the counter and hugged Phoebe and said, "My dad is a corrupt cop who tried to kill my uncle. You slept with him! How could you?" Phoebe started to cry and I looked at Nate and said, "Nathan Ryan Voight! You treat your mom with respect. She slept with him to get him off your uncles back and ended up pregnant with you." Nate just looked at me and just shook his head in disappointment and I said, "You better treat her with respect because your dad is going to try and get custody of you. When your mom could have put you up for adoption and now you might barely see her now." Phoebe looked at me and said, "Let's go before it gets to late."

*Skip to dinner*

Nathan's p.o.v.

Antonio was taking us to my moms favorite place, Coalfire. It is a small little pizza place not to popular like most of the other pizza places. Tonio parked the car and I got out and started to run to the door when I hear my mom yell, "Nathan Ryan Voight! Wait for Tonio and I." I stopped and turned around and Tonio says, "Hey, buddy listen to your mom. She has had a rough day, same with you." I nodded and opened the door for Tonio and my mom. We got a table and I sat by Tonio instead of my mom. My mom looked at me with a shocked look and said, "What?!? My own son doesn't want to sit by me, but by my stinky partner." I looked at her and laughed and said, "Well, I wanted to sit by Tonio because he is cool and he isn't my mom. Plus Tonio is like a dad to me." We all laugh and Antonio says, "Well, isn't that true." Our server came and took our order. We sit and talk a little then our food comes.

*30 minutes later*

My mom gets up and says, "I will be back, I have to use the bathroom." Antonio and I nod. When I can tell that my mom is out of the area I look at Antonio and say, "Hey, Tonio can I ask you a question?" He sets his cup down and says, "Yeah man what's up?" I look at the bathroom then back at Tonio and say, "I have two question. First, Do you like my mom?" Antonio chocks on his drink and says, "I mean yeah. I was by her side every single moment since she told me that she was pregnant with you and I fell in love with her more and more each day." I look at him smile and say, "You have my approval to date her. Second, question is, I want to meet my dad, but I don't know how to ask my mom." "Kid, your going to have to just tell her that you want to meet your dad. Tonio paid the bill we got up and started to walk to the truck when I looked at my mom and asked, "I want to meet my dad mom?" My mom stopped and looked at me, then started to cry and walked off. Antonio walked to my mom and I walked to the truck and got in.

Phoebe's p.o.v.
I was outside now crying. A little bit later the guys came out and Antonio came up to me and Nathan went to the truck. I looked at Tonio and he said,"Are you alright? The kid is worried about you." I wipe my tears and say,"I'm okay. It's really hard for me to know that my son wants meet his father, but I thought this day wouldn't come and I can't hold him from his dad." Tonio put his arm around my shoulders and we walk to the truck and I look at Nathan and say,"Hey kiddo, don't worry about me. I'm fine, I'll call your dad when we get home." Nathan started to laugh and both Antonio and I look at him and say,"What's so funny?" Nathan stops and says,"It's funny because the only two people who call me kiddo are you two." We all start laughing and Tonio drives off.
*Skip ride*
We got my house and Nate gets out and runs inside while Tonio and I are on the porch. I start to talk,"Thanks Tonio for everything you do for us, but mostly Nate." Tonio looked up at me and said,"Yeah no problem. Hey would you want to go on a date with me?" I smile and just kiss him on the lips. He says,"Well, I'm going to take that as an yes." I shook my head yes and said,"I'll see you tomorrow." I walked inside and smiled.