Chapter Special #3 (continued) - Chunin Exams: Take One! (Pt 3)

A/N: Uwahhh!!! It really has been so long since I made an update and I'm very VERY sorry!  I have been writing though and have mass amount of material, believe me. I've just been hitting a block with the main BB story so had been doing a lot of writing ahead and such. I'm almost finished with Chapter 14's parts so once that is done, it will be far smoother sailing and there WILL be more updates--that's a promise! I also didn't want this current chapter special to fall behind since it has more parts than the parts I had been writing for Chapter 14, so here is this next installment of Chapter Special 3--only one left after this one! XD Side note: Art for BB has taken a bit of a side seat at the moment, but I've made it a personal goal to get back to it once I get past these next BB updates. Once I make it to Chapter 15 I might since writing will come easier with all the work I've done ahead ^^.

Alright, so I feel like I am a bit rusty, so sorry and hope you still enjoy. If you couldn't tell, then great! I have tried my best to get back into the swing of things lol.

Thanks for reading, and sorry if you've had to wait forever! Thanks also to all who have followed! I have over 500 followers now! XD I'm so thrilled about that! => Happy cries! x'D

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hei coughed as he brushed the dirt from his already brown hair. “Yuji, Kouryuu…you guys okay?” He didn’t hear any answer and he carefully stood to his feet and drew on a kunai, trying to see.

The air was still thick with smoke so he couldn’t tell what was around him. All he knew at that point was that he had to be careful. Obviously he was separated from his teammates, ‘Or they’re dead.’, but he shook his head to keep from wandering to those thoughts.

It had been a mistake on their part for continuing to go after those Leaf brats so carelessly. They had severely underestimated them and now they were in a bit of a bind.

Hei whipped around at the sound of feet approaching and he tightened the grip on his weapon. Soon a silhouette was visible in the settling clouds of dust and smoke.

“Hei?” A voice whispered, “Is that you, Hei?”

Hei let out a sigh of relief and lowered his weapon. “Yuji. Good, it’s only you, but where’s Kouryuu?”

“I have no idea,” Yuji said as he glanced around with a frown, dusting of his shoulders and flicking back a strand of black hair over his shoulder, “Man, those brats sure pulled one over on us.”

“Yeah, Kouryuu’s pissed enough as it is. Those kids are toast when we find them.”

“They could still be around.”

Hei continued to look around, now being able to see the forest once again. “You think? Maybe Kouryuu chased after them and left us behind.” Yuji’s frown turned into a more pained one, which Hei took notice of. “Hey, did you get hurt from that trap?” he asked, putting his attention solely on his teammate.

Yuji nodded his head as he grabbed at his leg, “I think I might have landed on it wrong.”

“We should probably fall back a bit, make sure it isn’t anything too serious, and just wait on Kouryuu.” Hei stepped forward and gave Yuji some needed support.

“Yeah, you’re probably right.” Yuji smirked, drawing on a kunai from his back to bring down on his friend. He let out a surprised grunt, however, leaping out of Hei’s helpful grasp and blocking an attack.

Hei’s eyes were wide in surprise and confusion as he looked between Yuji and Kouryuu now. “K-Kouryuu? Yuji?! Hey, what’s going on?” he demanded.