In the lift, as the doors closed, he pulled her into his arms, and kissed her as though he couldn't wait any longer. He pressed her against the wall and she felt his fingers reaching into her hair at the nape of her neck. Only when the lift jolted to a stop did he pull away from her, and she found herself almost breathless.

Henry led her along a carpeted corridor and slid the keycard into the door, waiting for the lock to turn green. "Sorry, it's not the best," he said, looking at her over his shoulder. "They're busy this time of year."

Lauren pressed her hands onto his back and pushed him into the room. "I don't care," she whispered.

"You really don't mind it's a hotel?" he asked. "Because we could wait -"

"Wait?" she asked. "Are you kidding me? I couldn't wait now if you paid me," she said, watching his shocked expression melt away as she grinned playfully at him.

"Oh I see," he said. "You think you can joke about the money thing now?"

She pushed her hands against his chest, forcing him to stumble backwards into the room and toppled after him. He reached out and caught her, pushing the door shut over her shoulder and slid the key-card into the electricity slot lighting up the room.

Lauren was stunned by what she saw. They were standing in the sitting room area of a large suite, with windows that looked out onto the street below. The large sofas were covered in a golden satin and strew with cushions. The carpet was deep and rich and she felt her heels sinking into it. On the coffee table was a bucket with champagne and two glasses, which only served to remind Lauren of the club.

Henry dimmed the lights and pulled the curtains closed. "Would you like a drink?" he asked, pulling the champagne bottle out of the bucket by the neck and holding it up.

"Is that part of your routine?" asked Lauren, throwing him a disapproving look. He immediately replaced it and moved away, pulling her towards him.

"Where would you like to make love?" he asked, kissing her neck softly.

Lauren let her head loll backwards. "Everywhere. But let's start in the bedroom." And she felt him tip her up and carry her through to a huge room with a four poster bed. The fabric of hte canopy and bedspread was garish: black and a creamy golden stripe. The lighting was low and she smiled to see that someone had had time to cover the bed with rose petals before they arrived. There was a great mirror on the back wall that ran from the headboard to the upper canopy, and was covered with gold netting. She bit her lip at the thought of a reflection anywhere nearby when they...

Suddenly she felt her body shift and her feet touch the floor as Henry placed her down. He stood back from her so no part of their bodies were touching and just stared at her, right into her eyes, and she felt herself drowning in them, suffocating, wanting to gasp for breath. His green eyes shone as he looked at her, alive with an inner flame that seemed to scorch her. Why wasn't he touching her? She reached out but he shook his head and she dropped her arm. The energy and desire than ran between them seemed so loud that Lauren was content with silence. There was no need for words, and as he trailed his fingers along the edge of her coat she let herself relax, allowing her body to want him.

"Don't leave me," he whispered, as he continued to stare at her, his fingers nimbly undoing the buttons of her coat and sliding it from her shoulders.

She didn't reply, confident that all that went between them as their eyes connected was enough to tell him that she had no intention of leaving him, ever. She slipped off her shoes, feeling the soft carpet between her toes.

Henry eased the silk of her top up, over her breasts and shoulders and over her head. She raised her arms and let him pull it from her body. She watched as it fluttered to the floor. Henry brushed his fingertips from her neck, down across her chest, letting them tease at the lace of her bra. With his other hand he stroked the bar skin of her hip and moved his body closer to her; so close she could smell his deep rich scent that made her yearn for him.