Chapter 27

(Songs for this chapter-
Amnesia by 5sos
Fix You by Coldplay
Human by Christina Perri
How to Save a Life by The Fray)

Niall's POV

"Tell her I'm not here," I said to Harry and he nodded his head.

"He's not here," he said to Jess through the phone. I know it was probably selfish of me, but I can't even stand the thought of her right now.

Harry then took the phone away from his ear. I gave him a look as if to say 'what did she say?'

"She said that she'll see us when we get back, then she hung up," he answered. I sighed as I threw myself on the bed.

About an hour later, I got a phone call. If that's Jess, I'm hanging up. But it wasn't. It's Ariel. Why would she be calling me? I answered. It sounded as though she's been crying.

"W-What's wrong?" I asked her worriedly.

"You fucking asshole!" She shouted into the phone, then sobs escaped from her. I was taken aback from her words.

"What did I do?"

"Jessica! She," she stopped, trying to find the words to say. "Sh-She fucking t-tried to-to kill herself!" More sobs escaped from her mouth.

I felt my eyes water up.

"How?" I asked, my voice breaking. Harry looked at me worriedly.

"She jumped into the road and got hit!" She screamed at me, then I heard the line go dead.

It was like a slap of realization. It was because of me. What the fuck is wrong me?!

I screamed, then it was followed by tears.

"Niall, what happened?" Harry asked me worriedly coming closer to me.

"Jessica! She-She," I started to cough on my own sobs. "She tried to," I took in a deep breath. "To kill herself!"

He looks shocked.

"And it's all my fault!" I flipped over on the bed and screamed into my pillow.

The love of my life actually tried to do that.

Jess' POV

Where am I? I looked at my surroundings. A bunch of blurry people are hovering over me. I heard a man yell something, but I could barely hear it.

As I was closing my eyes, I heard someone else say clearly, "Don't close your eyes, babe." Who is this person?

I then felt two strong arms wrap around me. I struggled to try to say, 'where are you taking me?' but I couldn't say anything. It was like I was dead. Everything went black as I heard barely audible sirens.

I woke up to the sound of beeping. Where am I? I opened my eyes, only to be greeted by blinding, bright light. I groaned as I closed my eyes again.

I turned my head to look at my surroundings. I noticed chairs up against the wall, anatomy pictures, and a girl asleep in a wheelchair. Who is she?

"What the hell?" I groaned and the girl woke up. She looked at me shocked and happily.

She ran out the room, to come back with a man in a white lab coat.

"Hello, Jessica. Happy to see you're awake," the man said with a bright smile. Then I realized that I'm in a hospital.

"Why am I here?" I asked with my hoarse voice. Then I looked over to the girl. "And who is she?" The girl looked at me shocked.