chapter#21

Annabeth's POV

i know that i was glaring as i followed the 3 of them into the castle. i couldn't believe that Thalia wasn't sticking up for me, after all, i have been her best friend since i was 7. lately she seems to be on Percy's side about everything.

i followed them up to the common room, with the new demigods right behind me; honestly, i was trying to lose them in the castle, i admit it. but they were fast and they absolutely refused to get lost. we reached the common room and i could tell that Percy was about to blow up.

before he did, however; Nico spoke, "we can't talk her because people could eavesdrop; so we are going to Hagrid's hut. We just needed a little walk to cool down. so we are now going to Hagrid's; follow us if you don't know the way."they turned and headed out the porthole.

as we walked to Hagrid's, people were still talking about us and asking why we were in armor. they would have been grateful if the new demigods were enemies, because we would have protected them.

we entered the hut and Percy was still veeerrryyy visibly angry. i have got to say, i have never seen him this angry. i croosed by arms, "so i see that you have chosen wizards over your own kind Percy."

his face contorted. i have never seen it do that; uh oh i must have hit a sore spot.

"why on earth would you say that?' he asked, his voice steely calm. yup, he was angry

"because you are about to yell at us for something that we were trained to do." i said, thinking that that would shut him up. but Thalia butted in instead.

"no, he's not; he's about to lecture you because you guys didn't listen to any of us when we went to the castle to get ready. we talked about this last night and now you might have blown our cover; Hermione was out there. and she is the only one that is suspecting of us. well scratch that, now EVERYONE is suspecting of us. we will always have someone following us. i hope you three are proud of yourselves. NOW WE CAN'T TRAIN, AND THAT IS PRETTY MUCH THE ONLY WAY FOR US TO LET OFF STEAM AND NOW IT'S GONE!! WE HAVE ALREADY FAILED OUR MISSION NOW!! WE WEREN;T EVEN HALFWAY THROUGH THE YEAR!!'

dang, she was angry if she made a speech like that. Percy then turned to Reyna, "guys, i'll take you to where you will be sleeping. follow me." and he turned and walked out, followed by everyone but Piper, Jason, and i.

Jason spoke. "i feel awful, we should have listened to the meeting in the first place."

Piper nodded her head in agreement.

i guess they were right, we almost blew our cover. but if we stayed low from now on, we would be fine.