Chapter#6

Thalia's POV

Thankfully, Percy never drowned us. We had sailed across the lake and I could see Percy twitching, kinda. I think that it was either his ADHD or the fact that the fish were probably talking to him. Hehe, the voices talk to him.

Anyway...

We finally stopped on the other side and were promptly led up to the castle. I had found out that Hagrid seemed like a nice guy.

He took us up to the school and we walked inside. We were met by an old lady(no offense) and she called herself "Professor McGonagall". She left for a minute then came back to take is into the Great Hall.

Harry's POV(finally a hogwartsian)

We seated ourselves in the Great Hall and discussed the new students. We talked about who they were and why they were here.

I turned to Hermione. "Did they even say why they were here while we were in the compartment?"

She looked at me sadly "nope, they hardly told us their names. There is something weird about them, though. They are way too old to just be starting at Hogwarts."

We were waiting for a minute, then Professor McGonagall walked in followed shortly after by all of the first years and the kids from the train.

I looked closely at them and, from the outside, you could tell that they were confident. They walked down the aisle following the first years and didn't show any facial expression at all.

McGonagall stood and said "these are the new first years and also, a few kids that are joining us for at least this year. They are from America and were requested to come here by all of us teachers, so please be accepting to them. The sorting will now begin."

"Gregory, Joseph"

A boy with dark long hair stumbled out of line, and up to Professor McGonagall. She placed the hat on his head; it sat there for about a minute, then shouted "HUFFLEPUFF!" He stumbled down to the Huffelpuff table.

This process was repeated until it was only the exchange students.

"DiAngelo, Nico."

He walked forward and the Slytherins sneered in our direction. They knew that they would get him just because of how he looked. But Nico was sorted into Gryffindor along with Thalia. We couldn't help by smirk at Malfoy's face.

"Grace, Thalia"

The girl looked as though she would kill Mcgonagall if she called her that again, but, after a nudge from Percy, she didn't yell at the Proffessor. It's so confusing, because they act like a couple. She walked towards her and sat on the stool reluctanly.

You could visibly see the hat almost wincing as it looked into her mind. It finally called "GRYFFINDOR!" And she walked towards our table. Ron waved to her, but she ignored him and sat at the other end of the table.

"Grace, Jason"

As he walked to the stool, the crowd started to whisper. I was asking in my head the same question: "are they related?"

Jason joined us at the Gryffindor table, and Thalia whispered something in his ear, and he attempted to cover up his round of laughter.

"I wonder what she said to him." I told Hermione.

She looked at me quickly "harry, pay attention, Percy is about to be sorted."

"Jackson, Perseus"

He cringed at his name but walked up anyway. Immediately a bunch of girls started to whisper about him.

The hat hadn't even touched his head, when it jerked away and shouted "GRYFFINDOR! NOW SHOO! GO!"

No one knew what to say to that, so they just clapped. Everyone was wondering, though "why did the hat scream? And why had he been the fasted person practically ever sorted?"