Chapter#10

Percy's POV

Its been about a month since we arrived at Hogwarts, and we had gotten to be very close friends with Harry, Ron, and Hermione.we always hung out and 'studied' together.

Halloween was coming up and Annabeth had written me a few letters asking me to go to her school halloween party with her. I declined, but she kept sending them. Finally, i just started to throw away all of the letters that I got from her.

Nico, who had been reading them over my shoulder, was on my side. I mean, if she broke up with me and I moved on, she should move on too. But instead, she was pretty much stalking me.

We were in the great hall at dinner two weeks before halloween when McGonagall got up to make an announcement.

"I am pleased to inform you that we will be inviting the students of Durmstrang and Beauxbatons to join is for a Yule Ball!"

All of the girls cheered. Obviously Thalia was not going to be happy about this but when i looked at her, she looked anxious.

"Are you ok?" I asked her.

She looked at me and blushed. Whoah, since when does THAT happen?

"Well, i'm actually kind of excited for the ball/dance thing. It sounds fun."

I stared at her. "Are you ok? Did aliens suck your brains out and replace them with some blonde girls brains, or--"

"Stop Percy. I've never actually been to one an i've always secretly wanted to go."

Hmmm. That's odd...

"Uh huh. Well in that case, who are you going to take?"

She blushed again. What the heck!? "I was actually going to ask if you would take me, since I know you, and I guess I'm comfortable around you."

I thought for a second before saying "sure, why not, it could be fun. You're on."

She smiled and got up to go to the common room. I turned to Jason. "Did YOU know that Thalia wanted to go to some ball?"

He shook his head. "Nope, i'm as surprised as you are dude. Good luck taking her."

I rolled my eyes as Nico laughed at my misfortune.

Ron's POV

What was so bad about taking Thalia? I wondered. She's pretty. I mean so is Hermione, but everyone knew that. How could Percy not want to go with her.

They actually look like they would make a good couple, though. I think that they should try it once and see if it works. I don't think that Percy will agree. But hey, i'm his friend now so i'll ask.

"Hey Percy, why don't you ask Thalia out? You guys might actually work out. People already think that you should."

He looked EXTREMELY confused.

"I don't and have never liked Thalia like that and she feels the same way." He turned and walked outside.

I wonder where he is going. So I did the only logical thing, i got up and followed him. It looked like he was headed to Hagrid's house. He never hung out with Hagrid. What was going on?

Harry and Hermione came with me to see what he was up to. When he went into the house, we hid beneath the window and listened carefully.

Hagrid and he were talking about normal things: home, friends, fluffy, etc.

We finally got bored and headed back to the common room and ran straight into Thalia. She was just coming out.

"Sorry." Hermione and Thalia said at the same time.

Hemione studied her. "Where are you going? We're supposed to be in bed by now."

Thalia smirked. "I was going to go and see Hagrid. We have a few things to talk about." And she slid past us down the corridor.

We looked at each other and sat down on the armchairs. "What was that about, and why does she need to speak to Hagrid so late at night?" I asked and Harry nodded his head in Agreement.

"She was OBVIOUSLY sneaking out to see Percy. They are definitely dating, no doubt in my mind." Hemione exclaimed.

Harry looked at her thoughtfully.

"I don't think so. I think they are Being honest about not having feelings for each other. It seems like Percy doesn't want a girlfriend anyway. Whenever a girl flirts with him, he just shrugs them off like they didn't do amythig. I think that they actually went to talk to Hagrid and they just happened to go at the same time."

Hermione didn't look convinced.

We bid each other a good night and went up to bed pondering our new questions. I knew that we could trust them, especially Percy. There was just something about him that screamed. "I'm trustworthy no question about it! Just ask anyone!"

I decided that I was going to be on Percy's side no matter what happened