37. Snitch

The original plan was to meet Xavier at the club he performed at often but he never showed. I'd made the mistake of forgetting to charging my phone so I couldn't call him,and he was unable to reach me as well. My instincts told me that something was wrong. The feeling was so strong that I was unable to ignore it. I was about to walk into the club to ask to borrow someone's phone (and for warmth) but there was a strong hand placed over my mouth. There was another around my waist.

"Don't scream." A deep male voice growled in my ear. Little did he know, I wasn't planning on screaming. My reflexes kicked in, making me bite down on his hand hard enough to draw blood and elbow him in the gut. He doubled over in pain, giving me the chance to run. It wasn't long before I heard loud footsteps following behind me. I quickly checked over my shoulder to see two men. They were too far to make out their faces.

As I sprinted down dark alleys, I found it ironic that I was in one of the busiest cities in the world, yet not one person in was in sight. I started to loose my breath but my feet wouldn't stop running. If I slowed down, they would catch me; whoever they were. My adrenaline level started to rise when I heard police sirens all around. What the hell was all of this about and why did they come after me?

I cut another corner in hopes of losing them. But I only found myself in yet another alley. Only this time, I could see Amsterdam Avenue. Since it was such a busy street, I hoped to find a police officer. Instead, a white van pulled up, blocking the exit of the alley way. I stopped in my tracks. I couldn't turn around because the other two men were coming straight toward me. I was stuck.

Three men climbed out of the van and rushed my way. I screamed as they roughly took hold of me, dragging me toward the van. I kicked my legs in an attempt to loosen their grip. I felt hard blows to my ribs and I was sure that they were broken, or at least bruised. My breathing got heavier as the pain got more intense. So intense that I could feel my eyes getting heavy as my body wanted to shut down. Before I blacked out, I noticed a pair of familiar eyes. I couldn't make out the rest of the man's face as it was covered by a black bandana. But I had seen those eyes before. But who did they belong to?

I woke up in the back of a moving van; the white van. I no longer heard the sirens. In fact, I didn't hear anything but the engine and muffled voices. The back of the van was dark, I could only see what was in front of my face and nothing farther. I wanted to panic and cry but now wasn't the time. I had to find a way out of here.

I didn't realize that my hands and feet were tied together by a thick rope until I tried to move. What was I supposed to do just wait? In my mind, it was meant to be sarcasm but I soon realized that it was all I could do. I had to wait until the van stopped. How long would that be? I had no idea. Lucky for me, it was only another 20 minutes. When the van came to a stop, my palms started to sweat. What was in store for me? Would they kill me? It was the only possibility that I could think of.

The van's door slid open and two of the five men grabbed me by my arm and pulled me out of the vehicle. They untied my ankles and threw the rope off somewhere. I scanned my surroundings to see trees. Nothing but trees. I didn't know where we were but I knew we weren't in the city anymore. I just wondered how far out we were.

"Where the fuck are you guys taking me?" I asked angrily. All I got was laughs from the men. One of them took hold of my arm and started escorting me as we followed behind the other. He was the one with familiar eyes. He placed his other hand on the small of my back, making me uncomfortable. It slowly traveled downward until he gripped my ass. I struggled to pull away from him.

"Relax, Princess. We're not gonna' hurt you." He whispered. I gasped recognizing his voice as Kenneth's. We met at Starbucks, then he showed up at Astrid's funeral. It wasn't until then that he told me who he was. But I never expected to see him again after Xavier told him to leave. But here he was, escorting me to what looked like a cabin in the woods. The lights were on, making me assume that there were more people inside.