20. Astrid's Secret

Xavier 😩😍 - I apologized to you 100 times already 😔
Xavier 😩😍 - why aren't you answering me??

I disregarded the texts Xavier sent me. He'd been texting and calling me for three days since we had the argument at his mom's party. But frankly, I was tired of arguing with him. Ever since we kissed on the Ferris wheel we can never be near each other for an entire day without pissing each other off at least once. Even though some times were worse than others, it was tiring.

I rolled my eyes and set the phone back on my bed. It was only 8:30 in the morning and I was exhausted. I was just about to fall back to sleep when there was a knock on my bedroom door. I groaned. "Come in." I yelled. Astrid opened the door and smiled wide. Her jolly personality was starting to annoy the hell out of me.

"Ugh, why are you still sleeping?" She sat beside me on the edge of the bed. I sat up and looked at her like she had three heads. Why wouldn't I be asleep so early in the morning? " I have to talk to you." She said. Something about Astrid bothered me after finding out that she cheated on Xavier. And with Alex of all people. I wanted so badly to say no but I knew that she wouldn't take that for an answer.

"Alright. What's up?" I rubbed the sleep from my eyes. The smile on Astrid's face faded. It was the first time that I saw her with a frown. I was worried about what she was going to say to me but I wanted her to speak so badly. And when she did, I was taken aback.

"I know how you and Xavier feel about each other." She spoke quietly as she looked me and my eyes. I raised my eyebrows wondering how she knew. The only thing I could think of was Xavier telling her.

"Did he tell you?" I asked. She shook her head, making her curls bounce.

"He didn't have to. I'm not clueless, Charli. Anyone can see it." She forced a smile. I broke eye contact with her and looked at the floor. I felt terrible despite me feelings toward her. I knew from the start that what Xavier and I were doing was wrong. And even though we hadn't really done anything, flirting was still considered cheating to some.

"He loves you a lot." I told her. Those words broke my heart as I said them. It was hard to think that he may never love me the way he loves her. She smiled weakly but it quickly faded away.

"I know." She nodded her head. "And that's why you can't tell him what I'm about to tell you." She said. I squinted my eyes, curious. What was she going to tell me? I got nervous. I didn't want to promise her that I wouldn't tell, depending on the secret. Lucky for me, she didn't make me. "I think I'm pregnant." She whispered as if someone she knew would here. My eyes widened and I panicked.

"By Xavier?" I asked anxiously. I silently prayed that this was a joke. Tears started to form in her eyes as she shook her head. My jaw dropped but I tried not to seem so surprised. "Who's is it?" I got even more worried. I crossed my fingers that it wasn't Alex's. Thinking about Xavier's reaction to that scared the hell out of me.

"A guy in one of my classes. We were just hanging out and it turned into more." She explained. Tears escaped her eyes but I felt no sympathy. How could she do something like that to a guy like Xavier?

"Just once?" I questioned. She started to cry harder as she let her head hang. That was a no. I got out of bed and paced back and forth. I was so angry that I could kill her. Xavier of all people didn't deserve that. And I know that he trusted her more than he trusted anybody, even after she cheated on him the first time. I knew I would hate seeing his reaction after he found out about this time. "You have to tell him." I demanded.

"I can't, Charli. He's never gonna' trust me again." She sobbed. I rolled my eyes at her. Her crying wasn't going to help the situation.

"He shouldn't. And if you don't tell him, then I will." I told her. She wiped her tears away and stood up.

"Please, Charli. Don't tell him. I can't lose him." She took my hand and looked deep into my eyes. I could see the guilt in her hazel eyes. She should have thought about that before she did what she did. I snatched my hand away from hers and shook my head in disgust. I didn't feel bad for her one bit. And if she didn't tell Xavier I wasn't going to keep it from him. He deserved to know, even if he did hate me for telling him.

It's short but I might write another chapter today. What do you think Xavier's going to do when he finds out?