Chapter 1: You Do It For Her

The constant beeping of the monitors continued as the woman laid in her bed, looking down at her newborn daughter. Her husband, standing beside her, admired his daughter with an arm wrapped over his wife's shoulder. The baby was a few days earlier than the due date doctors had determined, but she was still healthy and fully-developed. The couple looked happy about their addition to their lives, but they were really scared to death.

(Y/F/N) had made some bad desicions, one of which was making a deal with an unforgettable dream demon. As a young man he was incredibly naive and foolish. Foolish enough to fall for the tricks of a being who was bent on destruction and chaos. However, he managed to escape the grasp of the demonic trikster to settle down and adopt a happier life with the woman he loved since their youth. Though, he constantly worried that the demon would return into his life, making it utterly miserable for him.

His calm appearance masked his internal fear; many fears actually. Not just the possibility of the demon to come back to haunt him, but all the other problems from his past he had managed to bury and run away from. He had gotten involved with bad people, and hasn't completely paid the price for his mistakes. And his wife knew about his troubles too. When he ran away she was the first person he went to. One thing led to another and they were married with their first child. But now he had a death threat literally hanging over his head.

The ringtone coming from his phone brought (Y/F/N) into a state of panic. Quickly lifting his phone from his pocket, he saw the caller was unknown. Sweat poured from his temple as he knew who it was. Pressing the call button, he lifted the device up to his ear, his hand shaking.

"H-hello?" he was sweating and he felt his breath become trapped in his throat.

"Two days. Or they both die," a deep voice spoke before hanging up.

His eyes widened in shock and fear. They've been watching him and he knew it. Shakily setting the device down on the table, he went over to the window to close the blinds and curtains with much force. He walked back over to his wife, eyes wet with tears that threatened to drop.

"Honey. Who was that?"

(Y/F/N) looked back at his wife, fear evident in his eyes. She hadn't seen him since their run-in with a persistent blackmailer who knew of (Y/F/N)'s work. She had hoped it would be anyone but him.

"Who else?" His wife's eyes widened in horror. "D-don't...are you sure?" He just nodded.

"What are we going to do?! We don't have that kind of money! We don't know anyone that can help us!"

Her husband fell deep into thought, his mind rummaging through all the people he knows; until he came across one name. He may be dangerous, but he's their only hope.

"I think I know a guy," he said, holding his hands in front of his face, using his index fingers and thumbs to form a triangle in front of his eye.

(Y/M/N)'s face instantly turned to a look of terror. The all-too-familiar sign of the trickster himself was one she would never again want to see even a glimpse of in a million years. Her fright sparked a sense of protection in (Y/M/N) like no other at the thought of bringing him here.

"No! We can't! You said he cannot be trusted!"

"I know what I said, (Y/M/N), but what other choice do we have?!"