Chapter Twenty One- The Beach Life

Start from the beginning

"Oh you've grown so much Matt." Cooed mum, squeezing him in a hug.

It was funny watching him flinch as she squeezed his bones into a pulp.

I looked around the room trying to avoid Matt. I caught Mitch out on a failing attempt of flirting with Olivia.

"Livy, babe. Long time no see." I could hear him talk to Olivia.

Then I looked around at their massive oak dinning table with all the white plates neatly lined and organized in the table along with the cutlery in place beside the plates.

And speak of the devil- "Beaver." Calls Mat from behind me, scaring my wits.

"Bat." I reply as Perry comes over and guides me to the dining table.

"Hey! You must be Eva," said a female voice. Turning around I spotted Olivia.

She actually looked quite pretty with the blond hair which Matt didn't have.

On second thoughts she's problerby not an original blonde.

"Oh my mum's an original blonde." She explained.

Oops maybe It was that I was staring at her for a little longer than I should have or maybe I had spoken my thoughts again.

Ah well I'll never know.

Oh wait she said her mum's hair is blonde, but Perry has black hair just like her son.

Oh yeah. Olivia is Matt's half sister. They both share the same dad not mum. That explains it.

"You're the girl that Matt annoys huh?" She asked, interrupting my thoughts.

"How'd you know?" I ask.

"I know my brother very well. He can be a handful sometimes." She chuckles and pulls out chair of the dinning table for me.

"Oh this all looks lovely," commented mum about all the scrumptious food.

Perry had cooked a lovely chicken casserole, a huge serving of Cesar salad and mini, marinated chicken drumsticks.

After a serving was shoved onto my plate, with no hesitation I grabbed my fork and dug it in.

The dinner was actually quite pleasant with delicious mouthfuls of creamy chicken goodness and answering the norm.

"So how's school?"

"What subjects do you like?"

And the awkwardest question of all time.

"You're in Matt's class Eva, aren't you?"

And then when you nod.

"Oh that's lovely, you're friends already."

Lady you have no idea.

*******************************************

When the dinner was finished, we all helped Mrs West by packing the dishes in the dishwasher and then the adults kicked us out and went to the guest room with cups of coffee.

Now I was stuck with the most annoying boy on earth, my crazy flirtatious brother and some older girl who goes to Uni and have I have no idea what so ever to say to her.

Actually I better explain the situation properly. Olivia is texting like there's no tommorow while Mitch is failing big time and trying to make a bit on Olivia and there's this awkward silence with me fidgeting with my fingers and Matt throwing the remote across to the lounge after finding nothing Intresting at all to watch.