15. Summers and Autumns

Sam and Gabriel had the best summer. They went out, had picnics, went on walks, and of course, Dean was there to push them together. There was this one time, that Dean insisted Sam go home with Gabriel because nobody was there at Gabriel's house. You could imagine where that led to.

Sam had improved on getting better, now that Gabriel was by his side to help him. He was more happy when he was around.

They had good times during the summer, but Sam's favorites were when they stayed at home and cuddled, and watched tv or Gabriel listened to Sam read. And after a while, when Sam would start losing his voice, Gabriel would take the book from him and would whisper.

"Samuel, you don't have to keep reading." His head was rested on Sam's shoulder, his arm across Sam's chest.

"But you want me to read-" Sam would protest, his voice cracking.

"But I want to hear your voice, not continue until you lose it."

"But-"

"Samuel." Gabriel would move to look at his face, and Sam would bring him in to kiss him. Gabriel would always tangle his fingers into Sam's hair that was growing even longer.

Those were the memories that Sam loved the most, but Gabriel had a different opinion on what his favorite moments were. When they were completely alone, no Dean to interrupt. Now those were Gabriel's favorite.

Soon summer went away and autumn started again, meaning it was Sam and Gabriel's Senior year, Dean already at college to be a mechanic. Sam and Gabriel had a few classes together and would study on the weekends.

Today though, was Saturday. And they didn't need to study, so they decided to take a walk and watch all the bright leaves fall of the trees. It was peaceful, hand in hand as they walked and the wind stirred Sam's hair into his eyes. Gabriel would chuckle as Sam flipped his hair out of his eyes.

"Are you letting it grow out, Moose?"

"Maybe. What do you think?"

"Even more hair to tangle my hands in." Gabriel nodded, probably thinking of it. Sam blushed, and Gabriel gave a wicked grin back. He bumped Sam with this shoulder and kept walking.

"Really though, would it look good?"

"I think it would, Samuel."

"Good."

They walked in a comfortable silence until they walked upon their school, nobody there because of the weekend.

"Hey, Gabriel." Sam said, stopping by the concrete wall.

"Yes, Samuel?" He stopped and turned to Sam.

"Do you remember, this day last year, September 14th, we met."

"Yes I do, sweetheart. But it was a Friday, because it was before school."

"The days change. But, it's still the 14th."

"True..." He took a lollipop out and watched as Sam grabbed his hands and pulled him closer.

"Do you know how special this day is?"

"Yes, I do." Said Gabriel as he took the lollipop out of his mouth and he grinned. Sam took Gabriel's hips and pulled him even closer. Gabriel jumped and wrapped his legs around Sam's hips, still holding the lollipop.

"Good," he whispered. "It's the day that my life became better."

Gabriel's smile dropped as he thought about how much he changed Sam's life. What would he be if he had never found the boy and decided to introduce himself?

"Mine became better, too."

Sam's face turned into a small, shy smile.

They kissed, as the bright leaves rained down around them. Sam couldn't believe it had been a year, a year since this angel he had in his arms had decided to become friends. A year since the angel had walked into his life, that day in autumn.

*This is the end of my fic. I hope you enjoyed it!
-AutumnMysterious