9. New pet

Sam and Gabriel cuddled the rest of the day, talking and sleeping. Dean hadn't bothered them at all after he had come in earlier, which was good. He wouldn't know what he was walking into if he did.

Gabriel's head was resting on Sam's bare chest as they cuddled. It was peaceful and they both liked it.

Gabriel pulled the blankets up further around them and looked at Sam. Sam was tangling his fingers in Gabriel's hair.

Gabriel kissed Sam's cheek. "I love you, Sammy."

Sam smiled. "I love you too."

They were quietly talking about school starting up again when the door banged open and Dean came running in. He stopped short when he saw the boys.

He made a gagging noise and stumbled out the door.

Gabriel laughed. "He walked into that."

Sam laughed too. "He did. I don't understand why he does that. Especially since my door is shut."

Gabriel smiled. "I wonder what he needed. He seemed pretty excited."

"Yeah I guess he was. Besides, it's getting late. You should probably start going home."

Gabriel moved and kissed Sam before standing up. Sam got up too. Both the boys put their clothes on and Sam helped Gabriel to the door.

"I'll see you soon, Moose." Said Gabriel as he pulled Sam down for another kiss.

"Goodbye, Gabe." Said Sam, and watched him until he had turned the corner and couldn't be seen.

Dean was standing behind him, his arms crossed. "Ooohhhh. So that's where this is going."

Sam blushed a bit and nodded.

"You looovvveee him!~" Dean sang.

Sam blushed more. "Yeah? So what!"

"I totally should leave the house the next time you guys are together. I want to see what happens when I'm not there to interrupt."

Sam's face turns scarlet. "And how would you know what we had done?"

"I have my ways." Dean chuckled.

"What was so important earlier that you had to come bursting into my room?" Asked Sam, still not over what Dean had said.

"Oh yes. Since we only have each other, I think it's about time to start having more responsibility." Dean leaves the room and and comes back a minute later, a small box in his arms. Something inside it made a noise, and Sam could only wonder what surprise Dean had for him.

Dean carefully set down the box. "Open it Sammy." The box rustled.

Sam cautiously stepped forward and reached out to grab the lid, and it rustled again. Sam jumped back.

"Don't be scared, Sammy. Open it." Dean urged.

Sam reached forward and took the lid off the box. Inside was a...

Puppy?

It was a sandy brown and the size of Sam's hand. At the brightness of light, it wagged it's tail and gave out a small "yip!" Sam carefully picked it up and held it in the palm of his hand, the puppy facing him. It's tail wagged more, and licked Sam's hand.

"A puppy??" Asked Sam.

"She was born yesterday, and look at her adorable face! She loves you!"

Sam had to admit, the puppy was kind of adorable and did seem to like him.

Sam let the little puppy with his finger. "What's her name?"

"That's what we need to decide. What would be a good name?"

*Poll time! What should their new puppy's name be? Best name will be chosen, or the name with the most votes wins!