14. Make Ups

Sam had become better, as Dean had predicted. He must have forgotten how much Gabe hurt him. Or not, but he seemed to slowly get over it.

Dean hadn't seen Gabriel at school for a few days, most likely hiding or staying away.

Dean thought about the way he reacted to Gabriel hurting his little brother. He probably shouldn't have, but he did. He took out his phone and pulled up Gabriel's number, and made sure Sam was asleep before going upstairs to his room and calling him. It took four rings, but he eventually picked up.

"Dean, I'm not up for this today I-"

"Listen now. You hurt my little brother. I don't forgive you, but he loved you. He loved you so friggin' much, that while he was asleep in the hospital, he kept saying your name. He would talk about you like some God send and actually believed he was loved back. When you left him, it crushed him. He told me he believes that all you told him was a lie, and I don't trust you, but he loved you too much that I can't just give up on him now. I will help you apologize to make him better. You understand?" Dean finally finished, and he was greeted with silence. He wondered if Gabriel had left, until he finally answered.

"I didn't know. I'm so sorry." He did really sound sorry to Dean, so he calmed down a little.

"Meet me at the park in ten."

"Dean I'm not up for being beat today. Please just leave me-"

"I said meet me at the park in ten, or I will make sure that that will happen." He hung up and left a note for Sam, and went to the park to meet Gabriel.

Gabriel came a few minutes later, his head down. The swelling on his face went down, but he still had a gash from where Dean punched him a few times. He looked a little miserable.

"Do what you need to. I want to get this over with." He closed his eyes and tensed up.

"Kid, I'm not fighting you today. I'm only here to talk."

Gabriel relaxed and looked at him. "What did you call me for?"

"I'm helping you to get Sam to trust you again."

"Why would you want to do that?"

"I told you before. He loves you too much and it's hurting him."

"What do we need to do?"

"Well first, you need a way to apologize. Think of stuff he likes." Dean said, leaning against the tree.

"Well... He likes reading?"

"Mhm."

"And... His flannel shirts."

"Keep going."

"Well uh... He likes..." He was thinking hard, because Sam didn't like much except for the stuff he already named.

"Think Gabriel, think." Dean urged.

Gabriel remembered when he kissed him during New Year's. Sam had been so fixed on the stars and fireworks.

"Nature."

"Bingo, kid. What better way to apologize than to bring some books, have a picnic, and watch the stars?"

"Gabriel nodded. That's good. But how? I just can't walk up and ask him."

"Touché..." Dean was thinking hard. How could they pull this off? "I got it. I'll take him for a walk, walk him to the picnic spot you've chosen, and that should be done. You just have to set it up."

"I like it. I know a good spot, too."

"Show me."

Gabriel walked to the woods and found a clearing deep in the woods. It was beautiful, the sun sprinkling through the trees.