10. Hospitals

"Sammy! Lilith is howling again!" Dean yelled from downstairs, watching the tiny puppy. Sam couldn't understand why Dean had decided to get her earlier. He kinda did like Lilith, but they didn't need a pet. Not right now.

Sam yelled back. "I'm coming down!" He quickly went down the stairs to see the little puppy on the table, it's little legs still too small to really carry it. At the sight of Sam, her little tail started wagging and she started yipping happily. He sat in front of her and laid his head next to her. Lilith moved and licked his nose.

"You just wanted to see me, huh?" He said as he brought a hand up and started petting the small dog, being careful not to hurt her. Sam heard a camera go off and got startled.

Dean was standing there, looking at his phone. "Aw how adorable," he laughed. "Little Lilith and big Sam!"

"Deeeaaaaannnn." Sam whined.

"I'm sending this to your boyfriend!~" He sang.

Sam jumped up and ran to grab the phone. He tripped over a chair and hit the floor, but successfully brought Dean down with him. The phone clattered out of his hand, the photo about to be sent. Dean reached over and pressed "SEND."

"No. No!" They both wrestled and Sam was close to grabbing the phone and canceling it. Dean took his hand and slammed as hard as he could on Sam's wrist, making a cracking sound.

Sam's cries is what startled Dean. Dean scrambled off Sam and he curled on to his side, holding his hand close to his chest. "Sam. Samuel!" He tried to grab Sam's arm but he wouldn't move. "Let me see your wrist!"

Tears were streaming down his face, and his wrist was swollen. He carefully moved his arm and Dean took it. "Try to move it."

"Dean n-no-"

"Sam. Move it!" He looked at his little brother's pale face.

Sam tried to twist his wrist, but ended up crying out. "Sammy. Sam, stop. I'm going to get some ice, and I'm going to take you to the hospital." Dean watched as Sam's face got more pale and he didn't respond. "Sam?"

Sam fell forward, passed out. "God dammit!" Yelled Dean, as he got ice and put it on Sam's wrist. He got his phone and quickly messaged Gabriel as he carried Lilith to her little cage. He picked up Sam and carefully got him to the car.

Dean kept glancing over at Sam to make sure he was alright, but he seemed stuck in his darkness, so he couldn't do much and couldn't ask him if he was okay. Finally they got to the hospital and he carried Sam in. Nurses rushed over and helped him into a room, while Dean was left behind in the waiting room.

This is all my fault. This is all my fault. Was all Dean could think as he paced back and forth. Eventually Gabriel arrived, his face pale and full of worry.

"Where is he?" He stopped Dean. "Calm down."

"It's all my fault Gabe!" He cried.

"Don't say that. Just calm down. Where is Sam!" He said.

"They took him back. A nurse said that it was broken and he is in surgery, getting it fixed."

Gabriel sunk into a chair, completely worried now from what Dean could tell.

"Gabriel?" He sat by the boy.

He looked at his shoes. "Nobody does well being put to sleep, Dean."

Dean couldn't help but stiffen. Sam wouldn't be like this if it were for him.

"Sam looked cute, by the way. With the little puppy." And that's all Gabriel said before curling up in the chair and turned to watch people walk in and out.

Now Gabriel didn't like him. That's great. . .

The nurse came out a long time later and called Dean and Gabriel to come in. Sam had a red cast on and was slowly waking up. Or, trying to. It seemed like he was fighting staying asleep, and it looked pathetic.

Dean sat beside him and cradled his face. "Sam. Sam just get some sleep. It's alright, sleep."

He tried opening his eyes at his brother's voice. "Dean..." He grabbed Dean's arm with his fine arm, which is his left one. "Dean. Is Gabriel here...?"

"Yes. He is. Right behind me." Dean politely moved out of the way so Sam could be with his boyfriend. Gabriel sat beside him and took his good hand.

"Hey, Moose." He whispered.

"Gabe..." He struggled to sit up.

"Sleep, sweetheart."

Sam laid back down. "Okay." He pulled Gabriel down and cuddled him like a stuffed bear.

Gabriel sighed and watched as he fell asleep, and carefully got himself up without waking or hurting Sam.

"He will be okay, right?" Asked Gabriel.

"He should be." Said Dean.

"Telling me if anything happens." He kisses Sam's cheek and leaves.

Dean sits on Sam's left side, holding his good hand close to him. He looks at his cast, and then Sam's defeated, sleepy face.

"There ain't no me if there ain't no you." He whispered, and sat with his little brother well until it was past midnight.